Apple iPhones...

I'm total deafness and I don't care about remove the hearing aid compitability from phone.

It is useless feature to me.

I'm total deafness and I don't care about remove the hearing aid compitability from phone.

But think of the many, many people that are hard of hearing but not completely deaf. Where is you compassion for them? Besides it could then lead to something that does make a difference for you.

But it's because it's outmoded and people who are able to use the telephone for talking can use Bluetooth .

But it's because it's outmoded and people who are able to use the telephone for talking can use Bluetooth .

But to use bluetooth one needs to either have the dedicated hearing aids for the iPhone or spend $$ or $$$ on a streamer (I use a ComPilot). With the t-coils there's no additional cost.

I'm not liking that they want to remove the audio jack because some people may still be using wires plugged into their phones to talk/hear on the phone. When I first got BTE's I had wired accessories that plugged into my phone.

Plus Bluetooth is an energy hog (runs the batteries down faster).

Plus Bluetooth is an energy hog (runs the batteries down faster).

exactly, Bluetooth will drain a phone fast if that has to constantly scan. Where telecoil works only when used. Since I can hear my iphone well, I dont use the bluetooth phone clip, but I have and the phone is dead within 8 hours or less.

would be ok traveling with a car charger hooked up or sitting in a room with a charger, but out and about...forget it,

and Apple wants to modernize the phone by rid of outdated technologies, especially telecoil and headphone jack.

Apple was first company to rid of floppy disk in 1998 and optical drive in 2014, also Apple banned Adobe flash that lead to death of flash plug in for commercial use.

and Apple wants to modernize the phone by rid of outdated technologies, especially telecoil and headphone jack.

Apple was first company to rid of floppy disk in 1998 and optical drive in 2014, also Apple banned Adobe flash that lead to death of flash plug in for commercial use.
But telecoil isnt outdated, its still used in lots of products.

But think of the many, many people that are hard of hearing but not completely deaf. Where is you compassion for them? Besides it could then lead to something that does make a difference for you.

There is alternative like others said about Bluetooth.

Apple wants to make iPhone more thinner and more space for larger batteries.

Speaking about drain the phone's battery, there are many people have issue about USB optical drive that drain a lot of battery. It is Apple's vision that want to encourage all to use modern technologies that lead to improvement of Bluetooth, such as longer battery life.

But telecoil isnt outdated, its still used in lots of products.

Tell to Apple.

Well guess it's a good thing I don't use Apple products aside from the iPad. I don't use Bluetooth because that bit is expensive (at least with the extra features with hearing aids) and I have heard that it eats through the battery very quickly too. I noticed that when I visited my friend- she uses Bluetooth with her iPhone and hearing aids. She wound up walking around with her phone AND a portable battery charger! (wonder how a guy could carry around both...).

I use the wired method- a DAI cord plugged into the headphone jack. Is that what Apple is taking away? the headphone jack? I can't see that going away anytime soon... but then when I was in Best Buy this morning I saw wireless ear buds (!).

TO YOU. That's fine but there are still people who do need the hearing aid compatibility and headphone jack (I assume that's what you meant rather than telephone jack?). I have the HA compatibility thing on my Android but sad to say FOR ME it doesn't seem to do any good- no difference in sound to be honest. It's still a useful feature.

As for the headphone jack- I hope they don't get rid of them outright- there are still a lot of people who use the wired buds, headphones and for HOH DAI cords. And it's still cheaper to get ear buds for most hearing people than Bluetooth.

Not everyone wants or likes Bluetooth.

LB- I'd share your link but I'm in the same club as you ;)

TO YOU. That's fine but there are still people who do need the hearing aid compatibility and headphone jack (I assume that's what you meant rather than telephone jack?). I have the HA compatibility thing on my Android but sad to say FOR ME it doesn't seem to do any good- no difference in sound to be honest. It's still a useful feature.

As for the headphone jack- I hope they don't get rid of them outright- there are still a lot of people who use the wired buds, headphones and for HOH DAI cords. And it's still cheaper to get ear buds for most hearing people than Bluetooth.

Not everyone wants or likes Bluetooth.

LB- I'd share your link but I'm in the same club as you ;)

Some of my deaf friends told me that t-coil is useless and I tried when I had CI about very long time ago, it was junk.

I'm favor thinner iPhone design over preservation of outdated technologies.

Where I did state "telephone jack"? the telephone jack and headphone jack aren't same. Some CI users use headphone jack and if Apple is going to rid of headphone jack so it need to be replaced with lightning port or newer port. It does affect hearing communities that where most of them use headphone jack to hear the music.

Apple wants to revolutionize the technologies, that's Apple's philosophy. It is your choice to avoid Apple products.

I don't have compassion for some HoH are ignorant and think that people who are full deaf can use oral language or think that deaf people shouldn't sign at all, especially for pro-oral HoH. Most AD members are HoH. I care about mandatory closed captioning support that is part of software and it is easier for Apple to add accessibility via software.

There is alternative like others said about Bluetooth.

Apple wants to make iPhone more thinner and more space for larger batteries.

Speaking about drain the phone's battery, there are many people have issue about USB optical drive that drain a lot of battery. It is Apple's vision that want to encourage all to use modern technologies that lead to improvement of Bluetooth, such as longer battery life.

Tell to Apple.
I took apart an old phone, they are so full of **** about the anntenna, its a thin wire and its stuck to the case, so it does not take up any room basically... Im talking thread thin... it wont make any additional room for a bigger battery and the circuit boards can be made smaller even micro with todays technology... just an excuse to just not do something. have you seen the thin as paper, flexible screen they have out? its clear, see through, yet you can watch tv and game or PC on it, fold, bend and flex it... THIN AS PAPER, and they cant make a phone yet with extensive technology ??? someones lying somewhere... cutting corners to make a cheaper product and more profits.

I took apart an old phone, they are so full of **** about the anntenna, its a thin wire and its stuck to the case, so it does not take up any room basically... Im talking thread thin... it wont make any additional room for a bigger battery and the circuit boards can be made smaller even micro with todays technology... just an excuse to just not do something. have you seen the thin as paper, flexible screen they have out? its clear, see through, yet you can watch tv and game or PC on it, fold, bend and flex it... THIN AS PAPER, and they cant make a phone yet with extensive technology ??? someones lying somewhere... cutting corners to make a cheaper product and more profits.

I think that Apple is encouraging hearing aid users to use Bluetooth instead of t-coil, or they could find a replacement for t-coil - digitize t-coil with different name. You know about DisplayPort replaced VGA and DVI and HDMI replaced composite and component cable.

Apple is known for famous to rid of obsolete technologies.

I think that Apple is encouraging hearing aid users to use Bluetooth instead of t-coil, or they could find a replacement for t-coil - digitize t-coil with different name. You know about DisplayPort replaced VGA and DVI and HDMI replaced composite and component cable.

Apple is known for famous to rid of obsolete technologies.
yeah but those are just connections... a lot of hearing aids rely on tcoil, they wont have BT, due to the fact of battery drain. Cochlear, even with the strong batteries they have, it drains them fast... real fast, and they normally last 8hrs +.............. not with blue tooth running, same with phones, it drains them fast. Unless they come up with a lower power consumption blue tooth, its just not practical for standard hearing aids.

^^ What Sono said.

Right now and for the foreseeable future, it's not practical really for hearing aid users to use Bluetooth. It's not widely available in hearing aids yet either (that I know of)- plus they cost a bit more than the digital hearing aids with T-coil (and FM capabilities- that has to be turned on to use DAI cords).

I don't have compassion for some HoH are ignorant and think that people who are full deaf can use oral language or think that deaf people shouldn't sign at all, especially for pro-oral HoH. Most AD members are HoH. I care about mandatory closed captioning support that is part of software and it is easier for Apple to add accessibility via software.

Sorry you feel that way. I've never said that deaf people shouldn't sign or that fully deaf individuals should only use oral language. In fact I feel the opposite. If a deaf person doesn't want to sign or doesn't know how to- that's their business. If a fully deaf person uses "oral language" that's their business too (and I've known a few who do have good oral skills-- with or without signing!).

I happen to use both-- "oral language" as you call it and sign. Both work best for me (sure as f*** would have loved sign when I was younger than 18 though). Yes better technology for captions and mandatory for captions on internet video etc I agree with but not at the expense of taking away technology that still help HOH people who can still use SOME hearing or still voice for themselves. Apple isn't the only one who should be 'tasked' with improving on captions and add to software either.

Nothing wrong with either scenario. It would be nice if there is no battery drain for Bluetooth, heavy use of video (for VRS), better speech to text (both in speed and accuracy), better ways to chat online and on mobile. My battery already gets sucked down (thanks to one game and to listening to music while I do my volunteer stuff for 4 hours- yes I listen to music :-O lol).

Back