Apple iPad 2 with Two Cameras?

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
OmniVision to Provide Front and Rear Cameras for Second-Generation iPad?

OmniVision (OVTI) will supply CMOS image sensors for a second-generation Apple (AAPL) iPad that will launch in the calendar first quarter of 2011, according to a brief research note yesterday from investment firm Detweiler Fenton.

The research firm contends the new iPad will ship with two cameras, a 5 MP camera and a VGA camera, and likely will support Apple’s FaceTime video chat software. Detweiler says their early read is that Apple will build 2.5 million units of the next iPad in calendar Q1, providing an incremental 5 million units of demand from Apple for OVTI, which also supplies sensors for the iPhone. He says that if you assume 23 million iPhones will be built in Q1 2011 - which includes more than 6 million for Verizon Wireless - Apple will account for nearly a third of OVTI’s chip demand, and most of its shipments of 5 MP sensors.

OmniVision Reportedly To Supply Image Sensors For Next iPad - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

I hope next gen iPad would beat Blackberry Playbook.

Without a doubt, it looks like a possibility since iTouch 4 has it, iPhone 4 has it so iPad will get it for sure.

THEY HAVE TO! It would be more suite for my travel as ebook, emagazine, enewpaper, mini tv news, mini movie and mini-VP!

I am not going to buy until ANY VRS support VP to VP not just ANDROID... just do both... I still keep use Droid but will use as Droid wifi; free charge.. because I cracked it... so my kid or anyone need use wifi for their precious to use iphone 4 which can't be use facetime and need use WIFI so...

back to point...

they must have CAMERA on front!

I would not even call it that. I know it means 4th Generation, but too many people will think you mean 4G speeds.

I know many people still confused about them. Steve Jobs never change new name of it.

You would want to say "iPod Touch 4th-Gen", not 4G to avoid the foolish people to think so.

Apple official name is iPod Touch. not iTouch, not iPod Touch, not iPod Touch 4G or iPod Touch 4th-Gen.

Gentlemen, for once - shut up! :mad2:

No one cares how we call it to these iPod touch. They can call whatever they wish.

now back to topic; it'll be lovely to see these cameras in the second generation iPads - what else more is there?

just call it iPod. we all know what is it.

Cheaper price than retail price over $229?? GB? From where?
Why do you need to obtain specific information from certain AD'er?
You can always assume it would have been sold on ebay. I feel, that is an useless question.

Back