Anything "unusual" happen to you today or lately?

I wouldn't call it unusual, but maybe awkward?

I was in a meeting this morning and I was ignoring someone by pretending to talk on my cellphone...

...and then my cellphone rang. :roll:

One of my cats likes shoes. Sometimes her head will be buried in the shoe.

I was in a meeting this morning and I was ignoring someone by pretending to talk on my cellphone...

:lol:...gotcha'!

Those ear bulbs or head phones that my sons use to listen to music....I put them on one day...and was acting like I really loved the music, bouncing around and all....my son came in...his jaw dropped a mile!.....He said..."you CAN hear!"....:giggle:...altho' I'm profound deaf...it was a good laugh.

I bet it took awhile to get the eggs of your face LOL!

Wirelessly posted

Hehe rockin'robin :)

I had similar with my Deaf daughter. I'm Deaf myself too and told her many many times to be quiet. She went at me "Mom you're lying! You can't hear! You're Deaf!"

So I told her "you're right I am Deaf. But if I can hear you then you're too loud!" Then I made my point screaming back at her. :)

Isn't it ironic whenever someone calls our name, and we turn around?....and they "assume" we heard their voice...and they then get "suspicious" of us being not really deaf.....

Isn't it ironic whenever someone calls our name, and we turn around?....and they "assume" we heard their voice...and they then get "suspicious" of us being not really deaf.....

I make it a point to never turn around when someone is talking to my backside even if I hear everything being said . I really like to drive it home that if you want to communicate to me you better be facing me. Some folks just don't get it.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Snow in Iowa on May. Very unusual....

Hot Dog!...Snow Cones...I'll run on down to Iowa an get me a snow cone in my bikini...thks for the heads-up, Sequoias...

You can come see me! All you need to do here today is stand in the yard and open your mouth, and let me pour a little lime syrup in! Instant snow cone. :lol:

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Snow in Iowa on May. Very unusual....

Same for Minnesota. 30 miles south of us got 9 inches yesterday. I am slowly getting brainwashed into thinking we up here are entering a new ice age. Fug.

Back