Anyone working paralegal OR assist lawyers

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have some questions relate with my college major. :):):)

Last edited:
I took law classes many years ago......what assistance/questions do you need/to ask?

Ok I am still waiting for my professor paralegal to reply e.Mail but seems, he is on vacation. So I guess.

I will take educational course class Math 120 this on July 9 but do its required another Math 121? too :dunno:

Math 120 (Calculus I) definitely includes functions, limits, continuity, differentiation of algebraic and trigonometric functions, mean a value theorem, and various applications.

I do not want to take math 121 because I hate math! :run:

Well, if you need to talk to a lawyer about lawyer stuff, give Tom Martino's website (I don't know if you've heard of him, but he started here in CO and I think he is national now) a try. They have lawyers online and on phones.

The website is troubleshooter.com :: Home

I don't know if this is the help you're looking for, but here is another website geared to students of Law: Student Questions and Answers to Lawyer, Kenneth W. Golish - Student Question Index

Thanks but couldn't find what required Math courses?

Several years ago I was thinking about taking paralegal courses at college and did ask counselor about it. I found out that they require to give a testing before you get a license. But somehow I decided to drop it for some reasons.

The law classes I was taking towards a Paralegal certification (for CA) totaled 60 units and no math coursework was required.....hmmmmm

The law classes I was taking towards a Paralegal certification (for CA) totaled 60 units and no math coursework was required.....hmmmmm

Really!! Great!! lol but guess what good news I will see my prof paralegal this Monday Morning!!!

Thanks

Really!! Great!! lol but guess what good news I will see my prof paralegal this Monday Morning!!!

Thanks

He said...

121=Calculus I for Business, Natural, and Social Sciences

122=Calculus II for Business, Natural, and Social Sciences

123=Calculus I for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics

and

124=Calculus II for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics

:eek::eek: :eek: :giggle: ughhhhhhhhh

Guess.. Lots of homeworks!!!! Me Have tons of study and pass!

Good Luck to me !!! :):)

[Disclaimer: I am a lawyer. ;) The following comments are to be taken for entertainment value only, and does not constitute legal services or representation.]

AFAIK, most lawyers that utilize paralegals also rely on them for dictation purposes. Dictating a memo or a rough draft is quicker and a far more efficient way of doing things in a legal office, not to mention lowering costs for the client, and freeing up the lawyer to do more. Under this scenario, a Deaf/HH paralegal would have difficulty in performing the job, let alone securing it in the first place.

However, if the legal office is bigger and has a multi-pronged approach to law practice management, then yes, a Deaf/HH paralegal could work in such an environment, conducting research, make outgoing contacts with clients, vendors, parties, etc. and more. It's just shifting priorities; other paralegals will shoulder the dictation duties, and the Deaf/HH will take up on other responsibilities in exchange. Even then, jobs are still difficult to obtain in medium to large law offices.

There's another possibility for you to consider; You could work in purely paralegal settings, serving the general public. There are paralegal offices that conduct 'documentation' work at reduced rates, i.e., filling out court-ordered forms, filling out immigration paperwork, etc. These offices have to walk a fine line in providing needed paralegal services, and not actually practice law.

[Formerly Eyeth.]

Thanks...

I made a copy and paste it sent to my Prof paralegal and what he think of this.
:):)

[Disclaimer: I am a lawyer. ;) The following comments are to be taken for entertainment value only, and does not constitute legal services or representation.]

AFAIK, most lawyers that utilize paralegals also rely on them for dictation purposes. Dictating a memo or a rough draft is quicker and a far more efficient way of doing things in a legal office, not to mention lowering costs for the client, and freeing up the lawyer to do more. Under this scenario, a Deaf/HH paralegal would have difficulty in performing the job, let alone securing it in the first place.

However, if the legal office is bigger and has a multi-pronged approach to law practice management, then yes, a Deaf/HH paralegal could work in such an environment, conducting research, make outgoing contacts with clients, vendors, parties, etc. and more. It's just shifting priorities; other paralegals will shoulder the dictation duties, and the Deaf/HH will take up on other responsibilities in exchange. Even then, jobs are still difficult to obtain in medium to large law offices.

There's another possibility for you to consider; You could work in purely paralegal settings, serving the general public. There are paralegal offices that conduct 'documentation' work at reduced rates, i.e., filling out court-ordered forms, filling out immigration paperwork, etc. These offices have to walk a fine line in providing needed paralegal services, and not actually practice law.

[Formerly Eyeth.]

Yeah, that's pretty much what what I knew paralegals to do back then. I, however,thought it might be neat to be cloistered somewhere, writing for a judge or work with grand juries.

Yeah, that's pretty much what what I knew paralegals to do back then. I, however,thought it might be neat to be cloistered somewhere, writing for a judge or work with grand juries.
That reminded me; I know of a Deaf woman who used to work at a local County Clerk's office. From what I understand, she pretty much conducted routine filing of legal paperwork, located legal information, and answered inquiries at the desk. That's another kind of a 'paralegal' job most Deaf/HH people can certainly do.

Then there's the real Clerk duties! ;) As you can gather, a judicial clerk actually conducts substantative research, and is usually hand-picked or assigned to a judge for a year or two. Most of these judicial clerk positions are filled by attorneys who've just graduated from law school. I know of at least one Deaf judicial clerk, in Massachusetts (or D.C.?). I would love to clerk for a judge here in South Florida, but even there, the job market is still tough.

That reminded me; I know of a Deaf woman who used to work at a local County Clerk's office. From what I understand, she pretty much conducted routine filing of legal paperwork, located legal information, and answered inquiries at the desk. That's another kind of a 'paralegal' job most Deaf/HH people can certainly do.

Then there's the real Clerk duties! ;) As you can gather, a judicial clerk actually conducts substantative research, and is usually hand-picked or assigned to a judge for a year or two. Most of these judicial clerk positions are filled by attorneys who've just graduated from law school. I know of at least one Deaf judicial clerk, in Massachusetts (or D.C.?). I would love to clerk for a judge here in South Florida, but even there, the job market is still tough.

Interesting stuff, that...as to the former above, yeah, that boiler-plate kind of work would be easy and pretty routine. Are you deaf/HoH?

Interesting stuff, that...as to the former above, yeah, that boiler-plate kind of work would be easy and pretty routine. Are you deaf/HoH?
Yes. :) My AD.com handle used to be Eyeth. I went to a new handle, Cousin Vinny, after that Joe Pesci character in the My Cousin Vinny movie.

Back