Anyone with a Mac that can use Tinychat or

KStiletto

Reaction score
Other video chat services. I followed the directions from tinychat or even youtube, and I can never use my webcam to record or use. I can use Skype, and Yahoo Messenger only. Can anyone help fix the problem OR recommend other video chat sites/programs that offer video conferencing?

Other video chat services. I followed the directions from tinychat or even youtube, and I can never use my webcam to record or use. I can use Skype, and Yahoo Messenger only. Can anyone help fix the problem OR recommend other video chat sites/programs that offer video conferencing?

I've had the same problem and it turned out that I had to uninstall Google video chat or something.

Funny thing is I didn't have it until just now when I installed it... Ughhhhhh!

There has to be something you downloaded in the past that is holding your camera hostage on the browser you use. Google video chat was the culprit for me.

that is difficult to Mac is very complication! anybody know how on help advise!

I could think of a few names. They are iChat, FaceTime (desktop), Viddler, Meebo, not sure camfrog (risky due around the world), and I don't remember the name of a website has a bird icon. Oh well.

I could think of a few names. They are iChat, FaceTime (desktop), Viddler, Meebo, not sure camfrog (risky due around the world), and I don't remember the name of a website has a bird icon. Oh well.

Are all the sites for anyone to use or just Mac users? I'm looking for all, video conferencing for practice, and free. Out of those which would you say are the top 3 for clarity, etc.

Are all the sites for anyone to use or just Mac users? I'm looking for all, video conferencing for practice, and free. Out of those which would you say are the top 3 for clarity, etc.

My newer Mac is what I have now are iChat and FaceTime. I have not tried on Viddler and YouTube for myself on a deafcube website yet. They are free, of course.

Off the record, Do you ever heard of a Z4 video software, P3 software (Purple), and Convorelay (no 2P2 yet)? P2P means person to person instead of relay service.

My newer Mac is what I have now are iChat and FaceTime. I have not tried on Viddler and YouTube for myself on a deafcube website yet. They are free, of course.

Off the record, Do you ever heard of a Z4 video software, P3 software (Purple), and Convorelay (no 2P2 yet)? P2P means person to person instead of relay service.

I briefly looked at P3? Are they all free/affordable and accessible for everyone? I plan on having regular video conferences with other students.

I briefly looked at P3? Are they all free/affordable and accessible for everyone? I plan on having regular video conferences with other students.

I have a ZVRS (Z-150 & Z4), VP-200, and Viable (SnapVRS). VP and Viable are free, but Viable videophone is currently out of stock for a while. ZVRS devices are not free, but if you have an old videophone number that you never use, then you could move the number into one of the ZVRS devices for a half price. If you want to buy a Z device with a new phone number, then it will cost you too much money which is not nice because FCC pays the company. :roll: I can't say more about it.

The only thing that I like is to have a videophone device that I can call someone anytime without waiting to turn my computer on. All web-cameras do not have a ring or signal (strobe light). P3 has a strobe light which is nice, and I guess that it is okay as long as your laptop or computer is on so that someone able to call you. That's one cons issue. I do not have a P3 account because I have too many videophone numbers for each device such as VP-200, Z-150, Viable, iPod, and (internet) Z4 and Convorelay. That's crazy. It's because they need to make money for phone number individually in their own business. I gave up to argue with them about it. It is not about me that I want everything. One is for my bedroom and another one for the basement. My iPod that I go out in case of an emergency. If I forgot to bring my VP or iPod, then I could use internet videophone on someone's computer.

If you want to chat in the public group on the internet, then use iChat, Meebo, and one more I don't remember. Viddler and YouTube are similar, and they are very competitive. I stopped using the Skype because Microsoft bought it a few months ago that turned me off. I don't support Bill Gate due his virtually monopoly again.

Hey, i just recently started learning ASL and I'm looking for some people to practice with. my MAC won't let me download Skype (its a work computer) but I can use the FaceTime. anyone interested?

Back