anyone who owner pit bull or pit bull mutt

joyopit

Reaction score
Show me ur picture?
What's her/his name?
Does pit bull got aggressive with child or nope?

Just wonder.

Yeah, i got one. :)

100_0507.jpg

she name is Oreo. ha

She is one year,and 2 weeks.

She along with child, as well.

Between, this is important to educate to people.

Love the pic! And name! I am involved with Rottie <have Rotties> and Pit Bull rescue. I agree it is very important to help your dog be an ambassador for the type or breed and therefore provide education for people.
Bullies tend as a group to be extremely patient and outgoing with people but show varying degrees of "dog tolerance" <with other dogs>. Dog to dog and dog to people aggression NOT same thing.

:ty: for Oreo's showing us Oreo's sweet face :D

Love the pic! And name! I am involved with Rottie <have Rotties> and Pit Bull rescue. I agree it is very important to help your dog be an ambassador for the type or breed and therefore provide education for people.
Bullies tend as a group to be extremely patient and outgoing with people but show varying degrees of "dog tolerance" <with other dogs>. Dog to dog and dog to people aggression NOT same thing.

:ty: for Oreo's showing us Oreo's sweet face :D

What a sweetheart of a dog! My daughter and son-in-law have pittbull mix and she is really dog with my granddaughter. When my grandchild was a baby she use to climb on her dog head to get on the couch , and the dog would lay still and not move! I gave the dog a cookie for being a good dog! And the dog get along great with my poodle , they both share their dog food!

I used to have a pitbull that I rescued. It was good with my kids and the neighbors kids.
The old ladies who lived next door loved it too as it was protective of the neighborhood.
I don't have any of my old pictures on the computer, so I can't put one up, but she was a very sweet dog.

I love Oreo!

My darling Baby is a rescued pug/bull terrier mix. She's very obedient and very protective.

sallylou-albums-critters-picture3542t-baby2.jpg

sallylou-albums-critters-picture3541t-baby3.jpg

Her partner in crime, Hailey, the rescued border collie mix.

sallylou-albums-critters-picture3543t-hailey2.jpg

I love Oreo!

My darling Baby is a rescued pug/bull terrier mix. She's very obedient and very protective.

sallylou-albums-critters-picture3542t-baby2.jpg

sallylou-albums-critters-picture3541t-baby3.jpg

Her partner in crime, Hailey, the rescued border collie mix.

sallylou-albums-critters-picture3543t-hailey2.jpg

i so love ur dogs! also i like she's fur color. :)

Joyopit, I forgot to mention that those pics were taken at our local dog park. Baby is well socialized. Baby tends to dominate little dogs so I keep her away from smaller dogs. Our dog park has a separate section for small dogs. I get angry when people bring their small dogs into the large dog fenced area because they are just asking for trouble.

Baby loves the pond at the dog park! That and running with Hailey and other friendly pooches.

I have a purebred female pitbull free to good home email me if your willing to come and pick up the dog from sarasota

Tan/light brown with white paws and white tips on tail white nose with a small white line between those eyes along with white chest and white neck beautiful dog used to be abused so I took her in to find a better home
1 and half yr old
If interested email me I will have pics

My sister has a pure bred pit bull, Pugsley. She is a real sweetheart and very good with kids and other dogs. She is a red one.

i see a lot of pitbulls/ pitbulls crosses at work, often people underestimate their dog's tolerances for scolling, or use of force with lead, the in-breed 'fightback' tendancy tend to catch them out and/or just stupid peeople bent on breeding 'protection dogs' for money with no remorse for the breed. Sad, but yes they are lovely as long as you treat them nice just like any dog, just becuase they seemed 'tough' it doesnt mean you have to yak the lead hard or shout to have them under control, often the reverse happens eventually. Its largely the breed thing and stupidty of humans fooled themselve thinking they wont bite back, they do, and pound for pound they are Very strong can bite thru sheetmetal clean off, kid you not. I sometimes worries when they lick me excessively especially on my neck!, and i'd carefully pull away not so fast to make them sense mistrust but also also need to realise they Do just want to show affection too. Just that balancing act vary in between dogs to dogs. and their history my boss dont even tell me!, so i have to be real careful all the time, I get to walk 'lost and found rotties' and find they are quite willful dogs at times. All in all pitbulls arent my cup of tea, there are beautiful ones, and horrible ones, for the later its real sad, but successful ones - well they indeed do need loving guardian with gentle hands to stay alive as sadly media and stupid people have given them a bad name.

to The Deaf Guy if you still have your Pittie girl-

if you are serious about re-homing the Pittie, check out Pit Bull Rescue Central website <www.pbrc.net> and look under "Animal Shelter and Rescue organizations" for Florida and also other Southern states and contact these places to see if they can take her. You will probably have to contact many places because sadly there are many more Bullies needing help than there are homes for them. DO NOT offer her "free to good home" through Internet, paper, or store ad or anywhere general public as the odds are great that she would end up fighting, for bait, being used as a "junkyard" dog, or in medical experiments <people called "bunchers" get paid to gather up "bunches" of dogs and deposit them at a lab or through another person who then re-sells them to lab>. IF you contact places NEAR your state and no one can take her, please get back to me on this forum in this spot <where we'd probably need to do pm> and I will see if there would be anyone who is running a transport from that area. But please try and find rescues near you first again you may have to contact other states by you. Try NOT to take her to a humane society, shelter or local animal control - odds are few will take her cuz she is Pit and any that takes her probably would not keep her alive. Dogs like Bullies and Rotties don't survive in shelters for long.

The first dog to cross America by automobile was an American Pit Bull Terrier.]

May 18, 1903:Automobiles were realitively new contraption in 1903. Most people believed the automobile was another passing fad of toys for rich men. Horatio Nelson Jackson was a guest in San Francisco's University Club. thirty one year old Jackson made a wager for $50.00 to prove that a car could be driven across the country. Haratio had little driving experience and did not even own an automobile. Horatio and his wife had taken driving lessons and were planning on returning to Vermont in a few days anyway. Mrs. Jackson would return to Burlington, Vermont allowing Horatio to adventure by automobile.

Jackson convinced Sewall K. Crocker, a young mechanic and chauffeur to go with him. Crocker was to be preform as mechanic, and backup driver as well as travel companion. Haratio bought a slightly used Winston as advised by Crocker. Jackson named the Winton the Vermont, after his home state. The Winston was loaded with supplies along with Bud the dog and left San Francisco on May 23 1903 with no maps to follow. Nearly two months later on July 26, 1903, they arrived in New York City...

:thumb:

click here to read more about the adventure

Helen Keller had several pit bulls

Keller with Sir Thomas (first picture) the second picture is Keller with a pit puppy

All can i say, i pleasure to read who posted on this, and i want to make new picture of oreo, few a day ago. Here it goes.

Picnikcollage.jpg

Oh! Between, i found the news sadly. Oreo's daddy is die caused He is going more to be aggressive without a reason, i felt bad for him to die by owner decide.

anyway, enjoy and have a nice day!

So cute!

We call Baby the hall monitor. She barks and pokes whenever another animal or person misbehaves in our house. She kicks ass and takes names.

Back