Anyone who is animation or other multimedia designers? ^_^

geekchick

Reaction score
Giddy Everyone,

Im new here at alldeaf.com. I just want to know if anyone who is animation or other multimedia design in this alldeaf.com site? Anyone else who have experiences with some programs?

Im a university student to study as multimedia design to become a animation/ visual effect.

I have experiences some programs:
-After Effects CS3
-Photoshop CS3
-Illustration CS3
-Dreamwaver CS3
-Flash CS3
-Lightwave 9
-Final Cut Pro HD
-iStopMotion
-Director

cheers,
Geekchick ^_^

I'm Photoshop CS/Imageready whore. I'm only design pictures, and some animations in the imageready. I need to practice more with Flash/Dreamweaver, which I am reallllllllllly suck at right now.

I'm Photoshop CS/Imageready whore. I'm only design pictures, and some animations in the imageready. I need to practice more with Flash/Dreamweaver, which I am reallllllllllly suck at right now.

Giddy Authentic,
That is good when you practice with these program. I don't know how to use imageready because this program is good for website as animation and rollover.
Flash is good for animation and web. You can check out "Happy Tree friends" from the website.
Cheers,
Geekchick ^_^

I am curious these software: Fireworks and Photoshop. Which of these software that give you more flexible and less hours of work?

I am curious these software: Fireworks and Photoshop. Which of these software that give you more flexible and less hours of work?

ok, there is two very different programs. Photoshop is good for edit the image and also good for still image as title for some of print, film, dvd menu (dvd studio pro) and other such as animation for still image.
Firework is good for design in website and bit same as Illustration program but Web designers who didn’t need Photoshop’s high-end print-preparation and editing features (save time for pre-loading in your website).
If you do web design please use Firework or if you don't have this program and you can use Photoshop (make sure you have to change the colour size as gif or jpg from 72 dpi).

Cheers,
Geekchick ^_^

I created some photos for my design. I realized that you are right that the Fireworks 8 is a great program to work with. I have one problem that I need is to make a title on my website. I want to make a reflection and shiny with gold on the letters that look almost like a mirror. I don't know how to make one on my Fireworks. Do you ever done it before?

Giddy Everyone,

Im new here at alldeaf.com. I just want to know if anyone who is animation or other multimedia design in this alldeaf.com site? Anyone else who have experiences with some programs?

Im a university student to study as multimedia design to become a animation/ visual effect.

I have experiences some programs:
-After Effects CS3
-Photoshop CS3
-Illustration CS3
-Dreamwaver CS3
-Flash CS3
-Lightwave 9
-Final Cut Pro HD
-iStopMotion
-Director

cheers,
Geekchick ^_^

Mean you learn some of them your experiences with these. Most of them are expensive I could not afford all of them. Do you have them all on your computer or study at school you learn?

I am Mac user as well and also have Leopard system installed in my laptop.

I created some photos for my design. I realized that you are right that the Fireworks 8 is a great program to work with. I have one problem that I need is to make a title on my website. I want to make a reflection and shiny with gold on the letters that look almost like a mirror. I don't know how to make one on my Fireworks. Do you ever done it before?

Giddy Webexplorer,
i never use fireworks program but i know few things about this. Im not web design just printer, animation and visual effect.
My class mate did the reflection title for his website.
Try use photoshop for your title design. After you design your title and making sure you save as to png (better image before you go to web save as) and you need to turn upside down the title and then flip. You need to save as PNG in different file name.
After this open to new window as the same size of the title but you need to add the double of height.
Import two png images into this window.... after you fixed this (also you can add some gallery filler to playing with it to making looks like reflection) and you must making sure "web save as" ..... There you go.....
Cheers,
Geekchick ^_^
(I don'y know how to use gold for your title because mostly of computer won't accept the colour code of gold......)

Mean you learn some of them your experiences with these. Most of them are expensive I could not afford all of them. Do you have them all on your computer or study at school you learn?

I am Mac user as well and also have Leopard system installed in my laptop.

Giddy starrgaze,
I have all of these program in my Macbook Pro and PC. I know it's expensive programs. I use these for my study and also design for my own or clients....
On the way i don't have leopard because i have to wait for couple of years to fixed this program until it's work.. (I don't want to stuffed up my computer and also all of my works)....
cheers,
Geekchick

Well. I have experience in web designing for the last 6 years. Here is the software below which I have used for website design.

- PhotoShop (doesn't matter what version)
- Flash (Some of it, just a beginner at the moment)
- Dreamweaver
- Fireworks
- Visual Studio
- HTML Hard coding (Notepad)

In accords of the explaination from Webexplorer, I have used Fireworks for the website designing, I used this software when I designed a assessment website for my multimedia course last year. It is very useful to make buttons and hyperlinks from fireworks, because it can definitely intergrate into Dreamweaver with no hassles. But I am not sure what webexplorer needs - need more specifically explained.

Dreamweaver - is a visual website (HTML) designer, where you make websites from there, but remember WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), I like dreamweaver, but I have not got the hands on the latest version, but earlier than that, easy to use and useful, but since you all have seen the new website I created (www.deafiesaustralia.com) which is displayed in my signature below. I used this website with Visual Studio, it is a different programme that edits the hard coding of the HTML, it does make websites, yes. It is more easy to use and it is not what you can do with WYSIWYG. It is more different and advanced than Dreamweaver.

EDIT: As you see that, Visual Stuido can get you a professional look like the website I created.

By the way, Geek Chick - I saw you amination in VCOD conference "King Flora", its good, and short.

By the way, Geek Chick - I saw you amination in VCOD conference "King Flora", its good, and short.

That is g8 to hear that you have experiences for 6 years area of website and program.
Thank you, i gald you like it but im not sure if they fixed the 16X9 (widescreen).
I hate my toast cos it's update program that my widescreen is not right size as 4X3 (normal television screen).
Did you enjoy VCOD 25 years celebration? There anything goods?
Cheers,
Geekchick

That is g8 to hear that you have experiences for 6 years area of website and program.
Thank you, i gald you like it but im not sure if they fixed the 16X9 (widescreen).
I hate my toast cos it's update program that my widescreen is not right size as 4X3 (normal television screen).
Did you enjoy VCOD 25 years celebration? There anything goods?
Cheers,
Geekchick

The 25 year dinner at VCOD was excellent. According to the widescreen, it was viewed to the projector.

I have used a lot of graphic applications. But, I enjoy manipulating pictures/photos using Photoshop and Fireworks. I also enjoy using InDesign for creating layouts.

I would like to learn 3D modeling. I have touched 3D Studio, and enjoyed it. But, I get side-tracked too easily, which is why I will probably never learn it..:)

I have been thinking of buying a Final Cut Studio 2 and a JVC GZ-GM130 hard disk video camera. I am not sure which one is better - JVC GZ-GM130 or JVC GZ-GM255. I care about the video quality (not still pictures) and sound. I would probably buy a digital camera with 7 MP or 10 MP. It is not easy for me to pick one.

Ive been a graphic artist for about 7 years now using
Adobe photoshop, illustrator, Indesign, Corel Draw, Darwin, PSmail, Tajima DG/ML, CREO immagesetterand a few others. I am also building my photoraphy portfolio shooting with my canon Digital SLR. its a fun job indeed!

Back