anyone wanna chat?

Well being raised with ASL... I don't really think so... personally speaking. I mean, I've had brain farts... I think we all brain fart in conversations. However, if you're asking if I forget signs... no, not really. I think in your case that's more attributed to learning a new language. We all brain fart though... a word doesn't come to mind and you sit there with it on the tip of your tongue and you just can't think of it so you sit there like an idiot and can't say the word... that happens with ASL too... "communication breakdown" pffffft they happen. No matter how fluent you are in any language... brain farts happen to the best of us... unfortunately.

yeah you got the most of what I was talking bout but its not really a tip of the tongue thing or a forgotten sign. I guess you could call it a brain fart. but it would be like If my first language was ASL and i saw something that looked lets say something was the color blue but it was dark and I signed to you " what color is that shirt, black?" and you respond with "no I think it's dark blue" but since what I said completely left my memory I ask you "what looks dark blue?" or I say " that's what I said" and you tell me what I did say and I say I don't remember it. that kinda thing. it's not really a language issue cuz I'd be native to it when I forget what's said.you get it? it's kinda hard to explain. maybe saying that what you said didn't register to yourself kinda thing...

it's confusing to understand I bet. it's kinda hard to explain. hmm how bout thinking of it as your mind is your phone and u deleted your message to someone and don't remember what you said to reply to your friend's message. i dont know how to explain it if this don't work. guess it's just something that has to happen to you for you to understand. hahaha

You forget what you are talking about in the middle of a conversation?

You forget what you are talking about in the middle of a conversation?

mainly just what I said. like ill forget what I said that made you say what you said. like if u said hey and I said hey back.then you say hey again forgetting that you said it first.

That bappens but not just with asl.

oh ok. I was talking in general to anyone in any language if it happened to them cuz it happens to me kind of often. I think it happens to me cuz my attention span is lopsided. hahaha

You seem to be chatting over nothing. I would prefer to discuss right here on the Discussion board. That is the reason why I am here to explain about deafness, Deaf Culture and why we need ASL instead of Oral method.

If you see the topic or subject that you might be interest, then you can discuss what the topic we want to discuss about. If you are looking for chatting and want to learn to sign ASL only, then you are not going to learn about deafness and Deaf Culture.

You are hearing and you need to understand about us, even we are different people with different degrees of hearing loss. It is good that you want to learn about ASL but you need more than that. We, deaf and hard of hearing, are very blunt to let hearing people know what hearing people think that they know everything about deafness which you have no idea what it is like to be deaf. We struggle trying to understand in the hearing society. So go easy on yourself for chatting and apologizing every thing we said. Just learn by reading and learning how to communicate with Deaf and Hard Of Hearing (HOH). Okay?

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum here. See you around here. :)

That may be a memory issue you have.... there are things you can take ( natural supplements ) you can take to strengthen and improve your memory if it is that poor. Things such as Omega-3 fish oil and Ginkgo biloba are things people commonly take to improve brain functioning and memory... Just natural supplements you can find at the store that are rather inexpensive.... :ugh: Lots of people take fish oil daily to sharpen their memory and all that stuff. ( No, it's not just for the elderly either! ) I myself take fish oil daily in with my multivitamin and other supplements. :D

You seem to be chatting over nothing. I would prefer to discuss right here on the Discussion board. That is the reason why I am here to explain about deafness, Deaf Culture and why we need ASL instead of Oral method.

If you see the topic or subject that you might be interest, then you can discuss what the topic we want to discuss about. If you are looking for chatting and want to learn to sign ASL only, then you are not going to learn about deafness and Deaf Culture.

You are hearing and you need to understand about us, even we are different people with different degrees of hearing loss. It is good that you want to learn about ASL but you need more than that. We, deaf and hard of hearing, are very blunt to let hearing people know what hearing people think that they know everything about deafness which you have no idea what it is like to be deaf. We struggle trying to understand in the hearing society. So go easy on yourself for chatting and apologizing every thing we said. Just learn by reading and learning how to communicate with Deaf and Hard Of Hearing (HOH). Okay?

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum here. See you around here. :)

ok.. oh and I don't mind anyone being blunt about what's needed to be said to me. I actually prefer it. I ask random questions because it's my crazy way of trying to communicate and become friends. im still really shy and still learning to deal with communicating with people I'm not use to. the only time I can easily say anything is when I'm explaining myself like now. I'll try and think up better things to talk about. :) or I'll just go back to just reading threads for a while. I just wanted to let you know it's not because you are Deaf and I am hearing. it's true that I have no idea what it's like to be deaf but I do know a good bit about Deaf culture and stuff and got a lot more to learn and loving every minute of it. but it really is because I just struggle to normally communicate with anyone that isn't me.

Eh, ask questions away... don't worry about it. You started the thread... ask away. If people respond to your questions... that is their option. Don't worry about the questions you are asking, I see nothing wrong with them and nobody has gotten irritated or offended by them. You aren't out of line in the slightest. If someone doesn't want to respond to your question they don't have to, simple as that. Keep asking your question that you want to ask. If someone has an issue, they can voice it... and the same with you...

thanks until then, I really didn't think I was doing anything out of line. even though the questions are kind of crazy, I thought it would be nice for some of the Deaf and HOH people here that was interested to talk on a hearing person's thread that wasn't asking for an ASL partner or flooded with questions about what it's like to be Deaf. which I never understood why that question is being asked so much from hearing people tho..

Back