Anyone try to use a Seafoam on your car?

Oh yeah it's Mazda and I hate it so much already.

I have Subaru and Mazda. Mazda's part cost almost double for everything than my Subaru for parts. I wish i should not buy mazda in first place. I plan to rid of my Mazda by next year after I rebuild the engine for my Subaru. Funny thing Subaru made from Japanese only and Mazda made from USA/Japnese. That's right Mazda is not really 100% Japanese.

aftermarket cat converter is Magnaflow performance is cheaper about $195 to $500. I won't buy factory cat at dealer.
images

Magnaflow-Logo_small.jpg

I better not move to CA in future. Sorry dude.

Yeah, I don't like the tightest emission laws. If they want my old Astro van to pass the tiny emission like what the hybrid vehicles emits. My van will not pass it. What a silly? How about the hardship of the peoples? From what I see the consumers are not spending the money on the failed emission repairs and will not buy newer vehicles. We are poor.

Yeah, I don't like the tightest emission laws. If they want my old Astro van to pass the tiny emission like what the hybrid vehicles emits. My van will not pass it. What a silly? How about the hardship of the peoples? From what I see the consumers are not spending the money on the failed emission repairs and will not buy newer vehicles. We are poor.

CA is for rich people only, I guess.

I love sea foam so much. I only use on gas not diesel.

Many used cars I bought I would put sea foam. WORST ONE

is 94 explorer with 4.0L OHV I couldn't believe how much carbon it still stuck. 3 cans of sea foams it SMOKE like mo##erf#$ker.

But other car I had 01 F250 5.4L 1 can of sea foam it had NONE smoke it really CLEAN inside engine.

aftermarket cat converter is Magnaflow performance is cheaper about $195 to $500. I won't buy factory cat at dealer.
images

Magnaflow-Logo_small.jpg

I am seeking a direct-fit cat converter for my Astro van. None of them are available in Ca., only dealership. Muffler shops sell universal OBD-II cats to replace old cat and weld a new cat joint with old exhaust pipes. Looks ugly.

I am seeking a direct-fit cat converter for my Astro van. None of them are available in Ca., only dealership. Muffler shops sell universal OBD-II cats to replace old cat and weld a new cat joint with old exhaust pipes. Looks ugly.

do you often get under your car and look around at it? Just buy a universal cat and get a shop to weld it in place. An OE cat from chevy is going to be like $1,000 installed.

Magnaflow Cat- $100 MagnaFlow 59956 - MagnaFlow Universal Spun Catalytic Converters - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Install - an hour labor ~ $100

$200 > $1,000

do you often get under your car and look around at it? Just buy a universal cat and get a shop to weld it in place. An OE cat from chevy is going to be like $1,000 installed.

Magnaflow Cat- $100 MagnaFlow 59956 - MagnaFlow Universal Spun Catalytic Converters - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Install - an hour labor ~ $100

$200 > $1,000

Million times in my mechanic career (over 35 years). Anyway, I did welded up universal cat in 2006 or 2007 (bought it from Summit, I think it was Walker brand). This cat was not 50 state legal emission when the cat converter law in California was started in 2009. My van passed a smog check at Test Only station with illegal cat, smog inspector didn't take a look at it, cuz I told him that I'm a licensed smog technician at the Repair & Test station. I have to send my van out to the muffler shop to replace a new OBD-II cat converter next year for a smog check. I tell you any cats from Summit or other stores, won't sell them over California. Dammit.

Million times in my mechanic career (over 35 years). Anyway, I did welded up universal cat in 2006 or 2007 (bought it from Summit, I think it was Walker brand). This cat was not 50 state legal emission when the cat converter law in California was started in 2009. My van passed a smog check at Test Only station with illegal cat, smog inspector didn't take a look at it, cuz I told him that I'm a licensed smog technician at the Repair & Test station. I have to send my van out to the muffler shop to replace a new OBD-II cat converter next year for a smog check. I tell you any cats from Summit or other stores, won't sell them over California. Dammit.

I see.. my cat is just bolt-on. It's easy install. my 1990 Mazda RX-7 has been pass smog check test but, he found only one vapor canister or charcoal canister failed. I didn't know smog technician had a vapor test tool on my gas tank. I replaced new one cost $100 from factory every 25,000 to 60,000 miles.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3AkZw0o5jM]Charcoal canister - YouTube[/ame]
VacuumHosesEECB230F.gif

I see.. my cat is just bolt-on. It's easy install. my 1990 Mazda RX-7 has been pass smog check test but, he found only one vapor canister or charcoal canister failed. I didn't know smog technician had a vapor test tool on my gas tank. I replaced new one cost $100 from factory every 25,000 to 60,000 miles.

Charcoal canister - YouTube
VacuumHosesEECB230F.gif

I believe your smog tech who tested your car and failed EVAP canister (same name of charcoal canister) was bad hose or disconnected hose either. Vapor test tool is called "Low Pressure Fuel Evaporative Test" (LPFET) that requires on 1976 to 1995 model year. I 've not test them for 2 years cuz many pre- OBD-II vehicles were directed to Test Only or Gold Shield stations.

I believe your smog tech who tested your car and failed EVAP canister (same name of charcoal canister) was bad hose or disconnected hose either. Vapor test tool is called "Low Pressure Fuel Evaporative Test" (LPFET) that requires on 1976 to 1995 model year. I 've not test them for 2 years cuz many pre- OBD-II vehicles were directed to Test Only or Gold Shield stations.

Someone build their own EVAP canister as custom racing something. I said like WTF... ha ha

fuel5.jpg

Someone build their own EVAP canister as custom racing something. I said like WTF... ha ha

fuel5.jpg

Awesome pix. Smog inspectors in Ca, performs LPFET on 1976-1995 model year is check EVAP systems by crimp or plug the EVAP hose at EVAP canister and installs gas cap adapter, insert the cap adapter with compressed nitrogen ( very low PSI) to see if the system is holding the pressure for amount of time. If not hold pressure after time lapsed, it will fail for leaked system. Common bad hoses. EVAP canisters are subject to visual inspect for sign of damaged or disconnected hoses, nothing do with the OEM EVAP canisters. Modified canisters are illegal. Gas cap function test are applied to 1976 to 1999 model year.

Back