Anyone tried aftershokz bluez 2

I am not sure about this device. I noticed that the man was wearing a small hearing aid made for mild hearing loss. Also I have never thought about bone conduction with the small hearing aid. Usually the deafs used to wear bone conduction behind their ear without the hearing aid and they can feel the sounds, I think. I have never worn like this. If you are deaf, then that would not be a good idea to have one. Just ask the audiologist and he or she will explain if they are familiar with the devices.

You did not mention if you are hard of hearing for a mild to moderate hearing loss or deaf with severe to profound deafness. There is the difference on different level of degrees of sounds.

I order it already.It is for my brother.He is severe to profound deafness.I will let you konw if he can actually see any benefits.
I just hope to receive them before the CI surgery (20of march) of this month so he can try them.

I order it already.It is for my brother.He is severe to profound deafness.I will let you konw if he can actually see any benefits.
I just hope to receive them before the CI surgery (20of march) of this month so he can try them.

I noticed these over the holidays while shopping for headphones as a possible gift for someone who generally hates having his ears covered because he wants to hear whats around him at all times (normal hearing.)

When I was a severe/profound hearing aid user, I actually did not like using my hearing aid for headphones use. I would use it if listening over my speakers from my stereo, but I enjoyed not having the hearing aid in between me and my music. I would even hold a speaker up to my ear without my aid, though it got tiring (they weren't small.)

With a severe/profound loss, to do that without a hearing aid you need a pair of headphones that can really go loud without distorting. If your brother finds these headphones don't really deliver for him, then you might consider over the ear headphones.

An important consideration is the decibel level he'd need to use the phones at to hear through them. There is a risk of further hearing damage if abused. They will certainly need to be at a level that would be dangerously loud for someone with normal hearing, but that is what his hearing aid is already doing. The difference is his hand is on the volume control with the headphones while his hearing aid has safeguards in place to prevent going too loud for his hearing.

Arrived today.I was very excited when i tried on myself.Even with my fingers in the ears i could hear loud and clear.So i guessed they should work on my brother.He tried them tonight and he didn't see any benefits.With out his hearing aids couldn't hear anything.When he had HA on he could hear them but with no real advantage over them.

I thought maybe they can bypass the damaged part of the inner ear somehow and help him at least a little but that was just a wish i guess.In 3 days he will go for a CI surgery.

@BleedingPurist

His hearing after 500hz is below 100-110db so his HA are loud enough (around 110).That being said he already destroyed and continues to damaging what is left by using the HA.Is a one way road.He cant hear nothing with out them but he do damage by using them.The other road right now is the CI.

Back