Anyone sleep in a hammock?

somedeafdudefromPNW

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

Just got mine up today in the living room. Just need to install three anchors in bedroom and two on the balcony.

Should be fine up to 300lbs. :) Although my guts is telling me I should install one more anchor just in case if 450lbs is needed.

It's a dream to nap in, and I tried rolling in it and swinging to the point where one may think they would flip out, but what happened? The hammock cocooned itself, kept my body secured and prevented me from landing on my behind.

Think it's 15 dollars for the queen-size bedsheet, 3 dollars for the carbiners each (total of two), 12' of milspec rock-climbing webbing for 5 dollars, then 3 or 4 dollars per industrial strength eyelets rated at 150lbs-300lbs (each) and 20 bucks for a hammer drill at XS Cargo.

Last edited:
If a queen size bed sheet is the hammock body, I don't think it will withstand 450 weight because the cloth itself is not strong enough. The anchoring is only part of the safety and stability.

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:
If a queen size bed sheet is the hammock body, I don't think it will withstand 450 weight because the cloth itself is not strong enough. The anchoring is only part of the safety and stability.

I know. :) My fault, I should had explained I am looking at the family-size Mayan hammocks. The family-size ones at a hammock store here is rated for long duration of 450lbs (over years) or a temporary threshold of 800lbs (a few hours.)

As you can see, the best lumbar support can be found diagonally; if one is to sleep parallel to the rope or webbling, it places your spine in position where it arcs. So diagonal is comfort

Last edited:
I would love to, but I am too afraid of the falling part. Or the ripping part.

Mine is anchored between 2 trees, it's a rope hammock, tho'.Several friends I know have Hammocks in their apartments (very small studio apts.)....I'm not over 150 lbs., so I don't worry about falling thru mine....

I never slept in a hammock without mosquito netting. :)

Mine is anchored between 2 trees, it's a rope hammock, tho'.Several friends I know have Hammocks in their apartments (very small studio apts.)....I'm not over 150 lbs., so I don't worry about falling thru mine....

I haven't seen the 150 line on the scale since before I had my daughter. :)

been thinking of gettin me a hammock... but.. im at 250 lbs. I wouldnt worry about breaking the hammock itself. Id worry about the anchors. I'm rough on a lot of things.

But that's awesome.

i did it before but its bad for back, yo..

i aint gonna end up like Norte Dame Hunchback.

Wirelessly posted

NorCal20 said:
i did it before but its bad for back, yo..

i aint gonna end up like Norte Dame Hunchback.

Did you sleep diagonally? Lots of people who switched over to jungle hammocks said their backs feel better and straighter.

idk, all i know that i lay down on the hammock.. dont like it.

i personally wondering myself how the hell to have a sex in hammock?!

Wirelessly posted

NorCal20 said:
idk, all i know that i lay down on the hammock.. dont like it.

i personally wondering myself how the hell to have a sex in hammock?!

Google "sex swing" for ideas.

Not a good idea for me since I have vestibular issues. I'd probably fall out!

You're like Gilligan! lol

I have been thinking about it cause I need a new bed. Any brands I should look into?

mmm that looks comfy. I'd prolly be hard on the anchors though.

i used to, between to large trees, and lay in the sun while stoned out of my gord on hash, that was 15 years ago, it was blissful...

Back