anyone rides fast motorcycles with CI?

no, its motorbike, or motocross (no spelling errors here) and bike is short for bi-cycle which refers to 2 wheels. it would be awkward to call it 'engine bike' like if fate went another way in the past we might have actually ended up calling bikes, 'engine bikes' or heck even 'solo engines'. Etymology is a funny thing indeed.

Crotch rocket is a sexist term, i dont accept it. why motorcycles got to enlarge egos or dicks? or the 'mark of the man' deemed in the riding skills? that's so lame and misleading about maturity, ok grant overcoming fears or 'road wisdom' to be able survive the road for a long time into old age as an old biker is a sign of the 'man' not because he's a great skilled (can be that though) but more its a sign of wisdom as not being a fool to overtake, keep wits about the roads, making good judgement.

crotch rocket, nah let reword it to 'guided missile with handlebars' lol
lol Ok i admit i LIKE missiles....

LOL :)

I've always thought "motobike" is the term for dirt bike. I guess I'm wrong :dunno:

I've ridden motorcycles and I didn't need to wear CI (Hearing Aid in past too). I didn't have helmet on while riding around the neighborhood cuz my friend left it at his apt.. I must have helmet if I'm riding out on roads. I just found out that there are three different type of helmets. I like Modular helmet (It look like full helmet but with front section that pops out and slide) that you can pop front off. It's good for those who wears glasses or have big nose. I happen to be at the traffic stop at the right time and right place when the guy on motorcycle pull off to ramp and I was at the same direction as he is. When I pulled over next to him waiting for signal. I saw him pop front cover off and it was neat. It just pop and slide up, not out.

I haven't tried out Modular helmet. I read that some are very good, some are not good. Some said that cheap modular helmet can't hold front section well (some said it released by itself while riding). Some have strong clip that holds the front section until you push both side buttons to release it. I read reviews online, I would rather trying out at Motorcycle store.

I came across information that many motorcyclist lose their hearing because of prolonged wind and motorcycle noise. Yes, the only solution is to wear earplugs. I've read reviews on each helmet that some comments that helmet reduce noise a little so they use earplugs.

I visited local Honda Motorcycle store last Friday just to check out new Honda Fury. When I got in and I don't see any Fury there, I was surprised that they no longer sell mainly Hondas, it became an Used Motorcycle store now. Even though it's Honda branded store that had been running business since 70's. They had Kawasaki Vulcans lined up for sale (that's my favorite) and Honda Shadows and smaller Honda V-twins (It look skinny and small, it's for wussy people). I sat on year old Vulcan 1,600cc and it was big with big bobber gas tank and fat tires :cool: . I thought it'll be heavy to straddle it straight. It came to my surprise that it wasn't! I can easily straddle and turn handlebar easily even it's big. I asked balded guy if he would let me test ride Kawasaki, he asked me if I have legal Motorcycle license. I told him no, don't have it but can I just ride around the parking lot. He said no you can't. Grrr!! So I asked him how much is that? He said $14K. Not bad for year old. In my mind, I do find many Vulcans less than 2 years old for less than $7K in good shape as the one I sat on.

I am wishing I had $$$ to buy motorcycle but I'm stuck with two truck payments. :shrug:

Catty

This is alot like my bike except I have whitewall tires, highway bar, light bar and a double seat. I do like the way this vulcan looks though

103058928_8bd2947b8b.jpg

But this one below is a bad ass vulcan.

9804_lg+kawasaki_vulcan_1500+rear_right.jpeg.jpg

Catty - I'm using modular helmet - Shoei Multitec. Pricey but it's worth it.

02ShoeiMultitec.jpg
01ShoeiMultitec.jpg

I absolutely love it. There is a big concern with wearing modular helmet in terms of safety. If you're serious about safety, it is best to wear FF (full face) because there is a chance that front section of modular helmet will get ripped out upon hard impact whereas there is a very slim chance that this will happen on FF.

02ShoeiMultitec.jpg
01ShoeiMultitec.jpg

I absolutely love it. There is a big concern with wearing modular helmet in terms of safety. If you're serious about safety, it is best to wear FF (full face) because there is a chance that front section of modular helmet will get ripped out upon hard impact whereas there is a very slim chance that this will happen on FF.
Damn Jiro... you got older and fatter and grew a beard since the last picture I saw of you... :rofl:

02ShoeiMultitec.jpg
01ShoeiMultitec.jpg

Ok, I'll look into Shoei Multitec helmet. That's exactly I want :lol:

Catty

Damn Jiro... you got older and fatter and grew a beard since the last picture I saw of you... :rofl:

Jiro isn't alone, I'm getting old and little bald plus fat. Right now I'm a rookie carrier at PO and I'm slimming down :giggle:

Catty

This is alot like my bike except I have whitewall tires, highway bar, light bar and a double seat. I do like the way this vulcan looks though

103058928_8bd2947b8b.jpg

But this one below is a bad ass vulcan.

9804_lg+kawasaki_vulcan_1500+rear_right.jpeg.jpg

Your Vulcan looks nice! :cool:

The Green vulcan is what I saw my co worker have few months ago. His is a 2009 Vulcan 900 All black except for cylinder head, red. It's really sexy!!! I really love Vulcan!

I wanted black or deep purple but I doubt I would ever find one but if I happen to get one with different color, I would take it apart and send it to paint shop to have it painted to color of my choice. I don't like chrome pipes, just flat black like my co worker's and I prefer separate pipe than merged pipe.

Catty

I heard about this flip-up that has removable front section - link

zeus-zs-3000-helmet-duo.jpg

for more reviews - here and then scroll down a bit to "Flip-Up Helmets Reviews" section. Knowing you - you might like this one cuz it has LED lights in the cushion that serves as flashlight. :lol:

police-motorcycle-helmet.jpg

Ok, I'll look into Shoei Multitec helmet. That's exactly I want :lol:

Catty

gerg.gif
dddoooo nnnnoooootttt mmmoooccckkk mmmeeeeeeeee.

You know - one small problem about my helmet is that because of my slim body frame.... this helmet makes me look like a space green man :laugh2:

3214_726921466479_8825246_45277514_6947039_n.jpg

gerg.gif
dddoooo nnnnoooootttt mmmoooccckkk mmmeeeeeeeee.

You know - one small problem about my helmet is that because of my slim body frame.... this helmet makes me look like a space green man :laugh2:

3214_726921466479_8825246_45277514_6947039_n.jpg

:rofl2:

I would check through different helmet anyway. I can understand how it looked.

Catty

i own a r1.. i went to r1 meetup of yamaha r1 forums. i asked them about issues with hearing when driving the motorcycles.. all of members said dont need to hear and they wears ear plugs like deaf.. that's good thing to have no worries about hearing issues.

so you dont need to have IC on.. just bring it with you if you going to anywhere places.

i own a r1.. i went to r1 meetup of yamaha r1 forums. i asked them about issues with hearing when driving the motorcycles.. all of members said dont need to hear and they wears ear plugs like deaf.. that's good thing to have no worries about hearing issues.

so you dont need to have IC on.. just bring it with you if you going to anywhere places.

I second that!! I saw the posting in different forum and also review about helmets. They all said same thing.

Catty

I might just buy myself a nice moto and zip across the track. My sis's bf has a ducati and I saw him race on the track one day. He's fast and I have a vid of him.

Sorry guys but as a hearing person that has been riding motorcycles for over 30 years I have to disagree. While I would not say that one needs to hear to be able to ride I will say that being able to hear does have advantages regarding some safety issues. If your CI gives you the ability to hear and it doesn't interfere with anything else, then I would wear it.

I might just buy myself a nice moto and zip across the track. My sis's bf has a ducati and I saw him race on the track one day. He's fast and I have a vid of him.

Ducatis are damn fast, dont think about riding one of those untill you had say at least 3 years of experience riding motorcycles. Even if you did you can but remember that any fool can open the throttle and go fast in the straight line but very soon you'd find yourself in a heap of trouble. Its even worse with 2 strokes, especially big bores or GP replicas, sure enough fairly low top speeds to say performance cars, but they certainly can give you a heart attack with their rapid rate of acceleration is exciting for some and terrifying for others.

I started off with a 100cc dirt bike, and progressed up, funny enough the last bike i had was a RM125 motocrosser it was truly a bike that demanded skills.

Sorry guys but as a hearing person that has been riding motorcycles for over 30 years I have to disagree. While I would not say that one needs to hear to be able to ride I will say that being able to hear does have advantages regarding some safety issues. If your CI gives you the ability to hear and it doesn't interfere with anything else, then I would wear it.

do you ever ride a 1000cc?

if you are talking about moped 50cc, yes your point taken for moped..

but 1000cc bike? you dont need to hear. too loud. you dont want to listen that.

id like to try and get a Triumph 675 Speed Triple, then the 955 Speed Triple. but if im stuck for 250cc as learners licence (had full licence way back but the rules changed) id settle for a good used 2 stroke like a RGV or KR1 and just keep my mouth shut lol for the time being

Back