Anyone provides me cartoon strips

M

Mookie

Reason why I selected the picture thread in order to avoid the public.

(Mods: you may delete my thread if it may offense to some people. Of course, you have my permisson).

I must have missed cartoon strips that stirring more agruely toward to the Muslim people. I clearly understand why the media does not want to show since they are afraid to lose their subscripters. I need to see the cartoons from Dutch newspaper or others. I do respectfully their religion. I like to learn the difference between the worlds in case I may run my business in future.

Anyone care to post the pix?

Thanks

Hi.

I personally think, that people should forget about this cartoons as soon as possible.
They not just made ordinary Muslims angered :madfawk: , but whole countries. Now economy suffers as well.
In UAE, government doesn't allow tourist, from countries, which published this cartoons, to come. They, and many other Muslim countries stopped buying things from that places.
I am a Muslim myself, but I don’t think that Muslims should have reacted as they did.
It’s not aloud in Islam to draw any pictures of prophet, basically that’s why was this massive anger. Anyway, people should respect all religions.
:bowdown:

belochka said:
Hi.

I personally think, that people should forget about this cartoons as soon as possible.
They not just made ordinary Muslims angered :madfawk: , but whole countries. Now economy suffers as well.
In UAE, government doesn't allow tourist, from countries, which published this cartoons, to come. They, and many other Muslim countries stopped buying things from that places.
I am a Muslim myself, but I don’t think that Muslims should have reacted as they did.
It’s not aloud in Islam to draw any pictures of prophet, basically that’s why was this massive anger. Anyway, people should respect all religions.
:bowdown:

Hello Belochka,

How am I supposed to know that I can share the cartoon to Muslim? I do not want to shoot my foot for going off-color with anyone that it may be greatly offense to good friend.

In America there is nothing wrong with media politic toons. As you may understand that any Christians or other religious people believe in New Testament of the Holy Bible. Of course, there are some silly toons about Cathlolic Popes, Jesus, and even God. The toons may give us a humor, lesson, or even serious politics. If it was the serious politic toon, it may give us largely deep thinking and would take carefully step what to do in our future.

I understand that there may be no New Testaments in Koren Book. (Do not wrong idea of me since I am not fully familiar with it...just tell me if I am wrong). Of course, I am a mixed mutt of Catholic and Protestant and am married to my wife as a Hindu lady. Naturally, I do love India food simaliar to your Arab food cruise...KaBob Lamb!!!

If you do not want to post the pix, I undertand. How about Hyperlink?

You are more than welcome to give me red fingers since I sincerely understand your angry for your beloved Allah... :wave:

cartoons

I read that they were on a website. If you do a Google search I am sure you will find them.
It is against the Koran for Muslims to make cartoons of Mohamed. But those who are not Muslim are not bound by these rules so they can make cartoon. Many cartoons make fun of Jesus and Christian regilion and Christian react different.
I worry that it is not the average Muslim that is making strong reaction. I think it is fundamentalists. How can ordinary person find Danish flag in another country so they can burn it?

Iran's Culture Ministry Promotes Vicious Anti-Semitism In Naming "Winners" of Holocaust Cartoon Contest

In a despicable sequel to the Mohammed cartoon controversy, in which thousands of Muslims took to the streets earlier this year in protest of cartoons in a Danish newspaper depicting the prophet Mohammed, Iran's Culture Ministry named the "winners" of a contest for editorial cartoons attacking Jews and the Holocaust.

The vicious anti-Semitic imagery and stereotypes, Holocaust denial, and comparisons of Jews and Israelis to Nazis submitted and exhibited was unsettling, but not surprising. The effect, if not the intent, was to make Jews and Israel the scapegoat for the West's supposed transgressions against the Muslim faith. This plays into the rhetoric and message of the Iranian regime, whose president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has repeatedly called for Israel to be "wiped off of the map" and openly questions the fact of the Holocaust.

Despite the fact that Jews had no role in the original controversy over the cartoons depicting Mohammad, which erupted in February 2006 with protests, embassy burnings and other acts of violence in Muslim and Arab countries in the Middle East, Africa and in some European countries, the Iranian response was to encourage the dredging up of centuries-old canards and stereotypes of Jews, using editorial cartoonists in an inexcusable attempt to promote and bolster their regime's hateful anti-American, anti-West and anti-Israel worldview.

You can read the rest of the story, and see the cartoons at:

http://www.adl.org/main_Arab_World/cartoon_contest.htm

Back