Anyone on here.........

dirtraceguru

Reaction score
like to watch dirt race? I like to travel to many different dirt race tracks in several different states. I'm more of a Super Late Model fan...SLM dirt race car is a very powerful race car with a 800 horsepower in engine and most of 'em will go 3 wheelin' around the turns with front left tire up in the air!

Dirt race tracks I went to are....

(1) Toccoa Speedway in Toccoa, GA....my home track
(2) North Georgia Speedway in Chatsworth, GA
(3) Smokey Mtn Raceway near Cherokee, NC....my former home track....closed
(4) Volunteer Speedway aka The Gap in Bulls Gap, TN
(5) Atomic Motor Speedway in Oak Ridge, TN......closed
(6) Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, SC
(7) Carolina Speedway in Gastonia, NC
(8) Thunder Valley Speedway in Lawndale, NC near Shelby, NC
(9) Riverside Speedway in Travelers Rest, SC.....closed
(10) Travelers Rest Speedway in Travelers Rest, SC
(11) Tri-County Race Track in Brasstown, NC near Murphy and Hayesville, NC
(12) Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, TN
(13) Rome Speedway in Rome, GA
(14) Boyd's Speedway in Ringgold, GA near Chattanooga, TN
(15) Lavonia Speedway in Lavonia, GA
(16) Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA....just north of Atlanta, GA
(17) Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, TN (NASCAR track) .....They put dirt on top of asphalt but stopped after only 2 yrs. Too costly to clean up....and asphalt aged faster.
(18) Lowe's Dirt Track near Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, NC near Charlotte, NC
(19) Tazewell Speedway aka The Taz in Tazewell, TN

The dirt tracks I've not been to but really want to go to is.....

(1) Columbus Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi
(2) Eldora Speedway aka Big E in Rossburg, OH (track owner is Tony Stewart)
(3) Cedar Lake Speedway in Cedar Lake, WISC
(4) Florence Speedway in Florence, KY 30 minutes south of Cincinnati, OH (Site of Dirt Hall of Fame)

and many more dirt tracks I'd like to visit. My traveling buddy is Len Stegall of Gastonia, NC is also deaf and NCSD Class of '86. We have been traveling together for almost 20 yrs and had a blast. Now we are slowing down because he is gonna get married this month to a red-headed from Michigan so it's gonna be awhile before they settle down and we'll travel again soon.

There are 2 dirt racing forums that I always chat with friends are (1) TrackForums.com and (2) 4m.net - Powered by vBulletin and my username on both forums are, of course, dirtraceguru101 and feel free to check out this sites.

If yall got a question about dirt racing, feel free to ask and I'd be glad to help in any way I can. Take care.

Cool, are they 4WD?

They look kinda like off road NASCAR cars but with higher ground clearance, sort of.

I'm not familar with dirt racing stuff related to that. I know more about WRC rally stuff than that. That's why I got Subaru on my avatar. ;)

We have small dirt track here in Centerville. Its mostly the older guys who are into the dirt track stock racing. The young guys are into the drag racing. Centerville Speedway has both and we get people from as far as Little Rock to come race at the track.

Back