Anyone living at RIT?

Reaction score
I'm feeling quite discourage on trying to find a roommate on their house connection with RIT. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, coming on too strong, or how I'm repelling others without realizing it. I'm trying to be friendly as I am, contacting others, and letting them know about me that seems important and simple.

Anyone has an advice how I work find at least one roommmate for the dorms? I'm trying to live in the Colony Manor since it's simple enough to live in.

Any advice? :| :confused: :dunno:

I'm feeling quite discourage on trying to find a roommate on their house connection with RIT. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, coming on too strong, or how I'm repelling others without realizing it. I'm trying to be friendly as I am, contacting others, and letting them know about me that seems important and simple.

Anyone has an advice how I work find at least one roommmate for the dorms? I'm trying to live in the Colony Manor since it's simple enough to live in.

Any advice? :| :confused: :dunno:

I would post an advertisement on bulletin board at the center of residence life at RIT.

How about the Dean of the college? Maybe you can ask the person on helping you find a roommate for you. I thought once you get admitted into college, you would have already got assigned to the room with a roommate. But if you are living in the apartment off campus, then that would be hard to find a roommate. I guess you can do that with the ad on the bulletin board or put the ad in the newspaper if not the student you are looking for.

I have never been to New York or gone to RIT before. But I do know about colleges so there might be a way or solution on what to find roommate. I hope that help.

How about the Dean of the college? Maybe you can ask the person on helping you find a roommate for you. I thought once you get admitted into college, you would have already got assigned to the room with a roommate. But if you are living in the apartment off campus, then that would be hard to find a roommate. I guess you can do that with the ad on the bulletin board or put the ad in the newspaper if not the student you are looking for.

I have never been to New York or gone to RIT before. But I do know about colleges so there might be a way or solution on what to find roommate. I hope that help.

RIT has a site where you 'meet' them online and search for the roommates. If you don't find one, you won't get the rooms/dorms specific you're looking for and get matched.

They have bunch of apartments/dorms that is on campus, I'm leaning towards an apartment due to experiences.

I've tried using facebook, once with twitter, and feel like I keep failing or not trying hard enough. :\

Doesn't it cost to advertise? Is there a link that I can do that? I'm nearly 2 hours away from the campus.

It should be free. You should also talk to someone that is responsible for apartments (in person not online) to see if she or he could hook you up with someone.

Back