Anyone lives from NY, NJ, or PA who works in...

DefMATRIXense

Reaction score
IT field? I want to work in IT in NJ, NY, or PA. What is the name of company do u work for? What kind of position are you in IT? Good salary?

I am from Miami, Florida and might move back to NJ as soon as the house is sold. I have A.S. degree in Computer Network Engineer with an A+ and Network+ certifications. I am working on getting a MCSE and MCSA. I do work, which is an assembley techician, for Alienware. I make $25k a year. My brother , as same profession as I, works for bank in Peterson, NJ and makes $32k a year but I don't want to work with him if his boss, who happens to be my brother's best friend, hires me.

P.S. anyone from Florida and do work in IT, post here then.

I agree with you, ain't cool working with relatives as an employer! I'd avoid this headache! Im from New Yawk, and haven't gotten into IT yet... Eventually I will. Just need one more year to go with RIT. Im more leaning over Network administrator. I believe Im good @ it as I have done several networking implement and set up. The only problem is that Im too chicken with wireless. I am no expert in wireless as of yet. I ain't trust wireless until I fully understand how this SHYT works. (I am speaking for security, how do you know your wireless system is so secured from intruders?)

DefMATRIXense said:
IT field? I want to work in IT in NJ, NY, or PA. What is the name of company do u work for? What kind of position are you in IT? Good salary?

I am from Miami, Florida and might move back to NJ as soon as the house is sold. I have A.S. degree in Computer Network Engineer with an A+ and Network+ certifications. I am working on getting a MCSE and MCSA. I do work, which is an assembley techician, for Alienware. I make $25k a year. My brother , as same profession as I, works for bank in Peterson, NJ and makes $32k a year but I don't want to work with him if his boss, who happens to be my brother's best friend, hires me.

P.S. anyone from Florida and do work in IT, post here then.

As a former New Yorker myself,
I do NOT believe in these kind
of websites for jobs anymore !!

It's more effective to have the exact
name of person with hiring authority !!!!
Who ? Name of person.

Word of mouth and Direct networking are so
much better than these employment websites.

While you're right in saying that it always helps to know the right people, I obtained my job by applying for the civil service examination on that very website, no outside help. Can be done and is done by many.

Saline Eyes said:
While you're right in saying that it always helps to know the right people, I obtained my job by applying for the civil service examination on that very website, no outside help. Can be done and is done by many.

Glad that these employment website worked for you,
but unfortunately it never worked for me. That's one
of the reasons I have to focus on Direct Networking
and Word of mouth (I actually got hired from this way)
even though I gave up too much efforts on these websites

I applied an applcation via online. And then a few days later, Alienware called me and set up an interview. I went there without an interpreter and showed them my college degree and resume. They got impressived by my resume and decided to hire me immedently. Now I work for 10 months and I want to look for a better job, making at least $40k a year. :hyper:

DefMATRIXense said:
I applied an applcation via online. And then a few days later, Alienware called me and set up an interview. I went there without an interpreter and showed them my college degree and resume. They got impressived by my resume and decided to hire me immedently. Now I work for 10 months and I want to look for a better job, making at least $40k a year. :hyper:

That's Wonderful !!

Cool :thumb:

I recommend you look up at a website...

Who ? Name of person.

I recommend you read what this man who calls himself, Headhunter. His site I think is Ask The Headhunter. He will explain very clearly about Monster, Careerbuilder, etc.. You are correct you do not believe those sites. They are owned by companies playing games on people. Best bet is to apply in person after you do your homework researching about those employers and focus on those you want to work for. And say the right words such as, "I am here to do the work you need me to do." That is the secret, ok?

Enjoy looking up that site!

Who ? Name of person.

Most companies do no longer offer an application in person because of lawsuits. So, they decided to do it in a safe way to avoid the lawsuits is apply it via online. In florida, you must apply an application via online unless they dont have an online application machine.

How do I know about this? At first I went to Alienware headquarter and the lady told me to apply it via online and I asked her why and the rest is history. :)

Back