Anyone know how to fix the ip address??

DeafMonkey

Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix the ip address?? :dunno:

Right now I am using my sister's computer AGAIN!!! arghhh I hate my own computer lol cause it said

" Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed renewing your IP address

For assistance, contact the person who manges your network
"

anyone know how? I dont know how. :(

DeafMonkey said:
I guess no one know how to use it :dunno: :( hehe

You need to release IP address first before you can renew the ip address.

Using Windows XP - Simple way to use command window.

Following these steps to release the IP address.

1) Open the run from the Start (Green button), Once the run program is opened.
2) Typing "Command" in the open box, then click ok button.
3) At the C:\ > prompt, then Typing "ipconfig(space)/release"
ex. "ipconfig /release" [enter]

4) After the IP address is released.
5) typing "ipconfig /renew" [Enter]
6) typing "exit" to close the command window.

WhoKnows said:

Thanks! will do that tomorrow or so but one thing I rather let someone to fix my computer to make sure ok cuase I dont want screw up on my computer by myself :lol:

WhoKnows said:

WhoKnows, I tried that recently...I was hoping that my ip address would change to different ip address...I dont want the same number for my ip address...When I tried that, it came back and it shows the same ip address...

How do I change my ip address number? thanks!

You can't really change your IP address. It is something that is assigned to you. That's how the internet service provider recognizes you. If you have dial-up, then the IP address will be different each time because you're signing on and off the internet at multiple times. With dial-up, you're not online until your computer connects to the internet via phone. With high speed, broadband, cable, etc... you're connected 24/7. All computers that are connected to that one service in one house will share the same IP address. So, you're stuck with that IP address until the company decides to change it for you or you move to another house.

VamPyroX said:
You can't really change your IP address. It is something that is assigned to you. That's how the internet service provider recognizes you. If you have dial-up, then the IP address will be different each time because you're signing on and off the internet at multiple times. With dial-up, you're not online until your computer connects to the internet via phone. With high speed, broadband, cable, etc... you're connected 24/7. All computers that are connected to that one service in one house will share the same IP address. So, you're stuck with that IP address until the company decides to change it for you or you move to another house.

that is why I let to someone to fix my computer that who are computer whiz :) .. I am not computer whiz so I am not doing to fix my computer . and aldo I am not use dail up .. I am use cable :) . I will have to wait for someone to come and fix my computer :)

Sorta of, but really you sometimes can... How? Disconnect completely from the ISP and wait a day or two then reconnect, often this would cause the IP address to reassign with new one! Most of ISP have what is called "Leased" for 24 hours, it could be anywhere from 1 hour to 1 week.

I checked, Dlink router does not give WAN IP lease information. I believe that if you connect your PC directly to ISP (without router) then you should be able to run in command environment, then type ipconfig /all then you will see the detailed information on your IP address including "lease expiration date" which is located in the bottom of the detailed list.

VamPyroX said:

diehardbiker65 said:
Sorta of, but really you sometimes can... How? Disconnect completely from the ISP and wait a day or two then reconnect, often this would cause the IP address to reassign with new one! Most of ISP have what is called "Leased" for 24 hours, it could be anywhere from 1 hour to 1 week.

I checked, Dlink router does not give WAN IP lease information. I believe that if you connect your PC directly to ISP (without router) then you should be able to run in command environment, then type ipconfig /all then you will see the detailed information on your IP address including "lease expiration date" which is located in the bottom of the detailed list.

DB, I checked it out and it says lease expiration date is tmw night! What am I supposed to do? any suggestion? thanks!

Back