Anyone Know Deaf Attending Public Colleges?

when I visited Gallaudet during my senior year of high school, I was offered a full ride scholarship on the first day. Unfortunately there was no engineering at Gallaudet so they wanted me to attend 2 colleges (Gallaudet and Univ of Maryland). I declined it cuz of the weather :ugh3:

I liked being at Gallaudet and sometimes wonder if my college experience would have been better at gallaudet

when I visited Gallaudet during my senior year of high school, I was offered a full ride scholarship on the first day. Unfortunately there was no engineering at Gallaudet so they wanted me to attend 2 colleges (Gallaudet and Univ of Maryland). I declined it cuz of the weather :ugh3:

I liked being at Gallaudet and sometimes wonder if my college experience would have been better at gallaudet

Good news - Chemistry Department is working on developing engineering program. I believe they will start next year and hopefully there will be enough students to sign up for engineering program.

I used to attend University of Maryland but was frustrated with their deaf serivce. I had lot of bad experiences with interpreters. Most of terps suck and doesn't sign very well. So I decide to transfer to Gallaudet mainly because of communication access. Honestly, it is 100x better if you are able to understand the materials then you would be able to learn. Gallaudet may do not offer the best education but they provide the important thing - to provide you 100 percent acessible to everything. If you re not satisfty with degree you would receive from Gallaudet, graduate school will make it up anyway.

I went to University of Texas at San Antonio and received B.S. in mathematics.
Now, I go to Texas State University for M.A. in mathematics education.

Academically speaking, if you work hard, you'll succeed. Of course, having special services goes a long way.

Socially speaking, I honestly didn't care.

What it work for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone.

I'm hoh/Deaf and currently in my 2nd year of theology at College.
My Interpreters have been wonderful
Disability Services have been wonderful
My classmates and profs - none of whom have worked with interpreters before- have been very supportive!

Overall it's been wonderful ... I have had issues finding VNTs but that's due to a small class size - I'm still working on making that happen.

Does anyone know if there is a place online (I'm in Canada) that I could get the carbonless notetaking paper ... I know it's the "old way" of doing things ... but it would really work much better for my situation ...

currently in my 2nd year of theology at College.
We gonna start calling you Rev. Anji soon? Are you specializing in Dhh ministries?
A hint.............tell the disabilty services that they should require notetakers to PRINT the notes........it's a bit easier then having to decipher scrawl.

Went to Galluduet for 5 months and wasn't happy. So, I went to TCC(Tidewater Comm.College) 4 years and soon plan to go to ODU(Old Dominion U) soon.

Back