Anyone in the Sacramento, CA area?

sphenix

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am Samantha. I was born profoundly deaf in an all-hearing family and raised in the hearing culture for most of my life as it was only six years ago that I first discovered the Deaf culture at CSU Northridge. I withdrew from college shortly after my first year as I did not know what I wanted to do with the rest of my life at the time.

Now 24, I currently reside in the Sacramento area where I work as a part-time English tutor at American River College and also a part-time General Resources Coordinator at On My Own, Inc. I am close to finishing up my Associate's in Psychology at American River College, with the intention to transfer to CSU Sacramento for a Bachelor's in Psychology and also hopefully a Master's in Counseling Psychology. I aspire to become a social worker or a psychologist for the deaf / hard-of-hearing community in the near future.

Writing, reading, walks with my dog, and bicycle rides are just some of what I enjoy doing in my free time. If you want to know anything else about me, just ask. I'm pretty much very open-minded and enjoy intellectual conversations.

Cheers!

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi and welcome Samantha. My niece attends American River College and one of my nephews attends Sacramento State. I live about 30 miles NE of Sacramento. I have lived in California my whole life. I have a daughter that goes to UC Davis and another that is in Dublin, Ireland at Trinity college getting her masters. I lost all of my hearing overnight three years ago. I have one CI and totally deaf unaided in my other ear.

Nice to see another Californian.

Hey there welcome to the forum! I'll be getting into ARC in the Fall as well. I love Sacramento, moved up here a few years ago! Very refreshing to know another deafie nearby :) please feel free to PM me :)

It's been a while since I have posted in here, but I have been tutoring at ARC for for three years for chemistry and I have been studying ASL now for 3 years. If you are still around and/or still attending ARC, let me know, most of the kids in my classes are not really into ASL as I am. Good luck with your studies.

Hi

I am living in Sacramento even though not the best city. I just enjoy working and meeting many deaf people of all levels here. I attended ARC 2010 for a year. I am older lady but I have a room that i am looking for a good deaf or hoh person to rent it out to. Holler if you know any. I am HOH and I can speak and sign. Have a good day !! I am new here!:wave:

Hi i m from reno looking for new deaf friends as well if wanna chat with me i m 34 male love outdoors camping hiking off road message me

Back