Anyone in Portland, OR?

hellos245

Reaction score
I guess this is general chat. My husband and I are looking to move from Madison, WI to Portland, OR at the end of July. :eek:

:dunno:Its really hard because we have no idea of laws, good places to live, parts of town, where to avoid, etc..

Can anyone give me ANY info on Portland?

I'm also going to attend PCC for Deaf Studies, any info on that school or program?

THANKS!! :ty: Im going crazy! :confused:

Danielle (and Jason)

(Do we have a smiley that sighs?)

Last edited:
Have you or your husband found a job in Portland? Do you know how much does it cost for moving from place a to place b?

Not really...But Kinda...

Have you or your husband found a job in Portland? Do you know how much does it cost for moving from place a to place b?

No thats what makes it harder. We dont have jobs. We have been applying like crazy but places wont do over the phone interviews, they only do personal interviews and we cant fly out there for a few interviews.
We have a general idea of what its going to cost, and have some money saved. We know security deposits on apts and things like that.
Its just getting into a place, and getting jobs.
And knowing where to look?

Any info is appreciated.

I guess this is general chat. My husband and I are looking to move from Madison, WI to Portland, OR at the end of July. :eek:

:dunno:Its really hard because we have no idea of laws, good places to live, parts of town, where to avoid, etc..

Can anyone give me ANY info on Portland?

I'm also going to attend PCC for Deaf Studies, any info on that school or program?

THANKS!! :ty: Im going crazy! :confused:

Danielle (and Jason)

(Do we have a sigh smiley?)

Smiley :)

help advise support to help you! we are help you! :)

Im confused.

I understand provide help you clear? repeat to explain to you clear

adjust to English,
i said we help you! question to me detail!!

you need to help education something

Im confused.

If you're planning on majoring in deaf studies then you should have known that it's written in ASL. Your taste of what is to come.

And for the move, that's a rather drastic decision considering that you guys don't have a job yet. Keep on applying! I know they have a nice deaf community there in Portland. Hopefully someone from Portland will answer your questions on here. Good luck!

If you're planning on majoring in deaf studies then you should have known that it's written in ASL. Your taste of what is to come.

And for the move, that's a rather drastic decision considering that you guys don't have a job yet. Keep on applying! I know they have a nice deaf community there in Portland. Hopefully someone from Portland will answer your questions on here. Good luck!

Just proves I have to go to school. LOL! I kind of understood it, but I wanted to make sure I got what he was trying to say right. Now I feel stupid.

I understand provide help you clear? repeat to explain to you clear

adjust to English,
i said we help you! question to me detail!!

you need to help education something

What parts of town have high crime? What parts of town are good to live in? Any really bad apartment complexes? Hows the city transportation system? How is the Deaf community?
Do you know anything about Portland Community College?

Back