Anyone here have reptiles?

jgwhite

Reaction score
I have almost 20 reptiles....mostly snakes. Im curious if anyone else on this forum own/breed reptiles? I can post pictures of my reptiles sometime soon if anyone is interested. Im hoping there are deaf herpers in Texas!

I do enjoy reptiles and have handled some snakes and lizards, but don't happen to live with any. But I'd like to see the pics, jg :)

I do enjoy reptiles and have handled some snakes and lizards, but don't happen to live with any. But I'd like to see the pics, jg :)

Awesome. I need to resize all of my pictures so it wont be too big for you guys to view pictures, should have them up soon. :)

That's a lot of reptiles.

I agree but there is a HUGE reptile community here in San Antonio as well in Austin, Dallas, and Houston. There are dozens of reptile expos held every year in different cities all over Texas so it's a good business to get into. I also try to help educate people that reptiles arent all that bad as they say on TV. I have taken in rescues....I have a bearded dragon that someone wanted to flush down the toilet because it wasnt "pretty" enough to sell. I had 2 ball pythons that police found in some guy's apartment after he went to jail. I recently placed a 17 year old iguana in a home after a owner couldnt take care of it because she was dying. The iguana was stabbed with pencils by kids when the iguana was a baby. So yes I do have alot of reptiles but I respect them. I also breed snakes (corns, sand boas, ball pythons, and blood pythons.)

Here are pictures of my pets with scales and on the bottom are some pictures of my tarantulas. Enjoy!

Awesome looking snakes and tarantulas. Bottesini posted a link to my thread with a pic of my boa. What kind of snake is the white and black stripped one? the skinny one that is mostly white

Awesome looking snakes and tarantulas. Bottesini posted a link to my thread with a pic of my boa. What kind of snake is the white and black stripped one? the skinny one that is mostly white

You have a nice boa!

The snake you are asking about is a 50/50 high white california kingsnake.

I had a roommate that had a pet lizard (because he was copying another friend who had a lizard) and nearly burned down his townhouse because of it. :roll:

If someone has too many pets...that's animal hoarding which is a huge problem. I hope you are able to take care of 20 repitles and take care of yourself and the home as well.

If someone has too many pets...that's animal hoarding which is a huge problem. I hope you are able to take care of 20 repitles and take care of yourself and the home as well.

Um... 20 is nothing.

I have known people with over 50-400 snakes in their collection. Some even have more, but those ones have a separate building dedicated to it. They're still being cared for properly.

Um... 20 is nothing.

I have known people with over 50-400 snakes in their collection. Some even have more, but those ones have a separate building dedicated to it. They're still being cared for properly.

It depends on the person itself.

I completely understand where you are coming from. Thank you for bringing it up. I do take care of my animals. I volunteer at a local vet clinic and I bathe dogs for a groomer (which is my girlfriend). We have a wonderful vet there that looks at our dogs. An animal hoarder is a person who does not take good care of themselves or the animals in their care. My dogs are fixed, mirco-chipped, on the flea pill and the heartworm pill every month. My snakes and tarantulas are being fed every single week and my lizards are getting fed everyday. I care greatly about animals. I so agree that there are alot of people out there who don't take proper care of their animals. I have had people tell me that my house does not smell like animals as they expected. I do admit I have a little OCD about cleaning the reptiles cages :lol: so they are cleaned once a week.

Um... 20 is nothing.

You are exactly right. We have a huge reptile community here in Texas and I am one of these people who have the fewest reptiles. I personally know some people who have over 100 reptiles in their house and they all are getting the proper care. It just depends on the individual...not everyone who have 20+ animals is a hoarder.

I completely understand where you are coming from. Thank you for bringing it up. I do take care of my animals. I volunteer at a local vet clinic and I bathe dogs for a groomer (which is my girlfriend). We have a wonderful vet there that looks at our dogs. An animal hoarder is a person who does not take good care of themselves or the animals in their care. My dogs are fixed, mirco-chipped, on the flea pill and the heartworm pill every month. My snakes and tarantulas are being fed every single week and my lizards are getting fed everyday. I care greatly about animals. I so agree that there are alot of people out there who don't take proper care of their animals. I have had people tell me that my house does not smell like animals as they expected. I do admit I have a little OCD about cleaning the reptiles cages :lol: so they are cleaned once a week.

Yeah, that's a good thing you are able to do all this with a little help from your girlfriend. :)

Back