anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

I'm a big collector of Bersa handguns for self-defense, but have a great variety of long guns.

The ear moulds for my hearing aids work better than ear plugs I have used in the past. My audiologist said it was fine as long as the aids are turned off.

just turn 'em off, that is what I do.

only got crap for it once on the state range. the self-rightous-self-appointed-range-nazi had to be one of the most arrogant morons I've ever come across. :roll:

My grandmother:

grandma2012.jpg

She grew up on a farm in Indiana. She used to go hunting with her dad and was the best shot in her town. Her father would let her join in other families hunting parties because whatever she aimed at was a meal for that family.

P.S. She hurt her thumb cutting carrots.

She is 86 and still paints her own house (climbs ladders too). We have tried to tell her to stop. She won't listen.

just turn 'em off, that is what I do.

only got crap for it once on the state range. the self-rightous-self-appointed-range-nazi had to be one of the most arrogant morons I've ever come across. :roll:

Easier to bring ear muffs or plugs than to argue with those stupid people.

ear plugs are pointless for me because I'm fully deaf.

ear plugs are pointless for me because I'm fully deaf.

That's what I thought, too, until I realized that the pressure itself causes painful damage to ear drums. Very, very few people are deaf due to defective ear drums, therefore, ear protection is still recommended.

Just helped one of my co-workers break in his new Kahr .380 with night sights. Very sweet piece that seems accurate, small and not bad on recoil. But very expensive!!! ($600+) We fired 100 rounds through it in about 10-15 minutes!

The only practice I've been getting lately is my daily session of airsoft pistol against squirrels on bird feeder. Grrrrrr!

I think that I need to stay in this thread or forum section as it seems much safer in here and less drama going on. The flamethrowers are hot in the political, war, & current events threads! :shock: :D

I think that I need to stay in this thread or forum section as it seems much safer in here and less drama going on. The flamethrowers are hot in the political, war, & current events threads! :shock: :D

drama ... drama .... drama

Let's see if this video works :hmm: :

In the HD video I have on my computer, it is far more clearer and you can see an awesome muzzleflash the first three rounds of the .357 mag - I haven't been able to get a still shot of it yet :(

Last edited:
Yee Haw!!! Look at the recoil on the Blackhawk!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! Wow!!!

AWEWOME!!!! :cool2::eek3::D:ty::hmm:

Why the hmm? I want one!!! That's why!!! :naughty::laugh2: :wave:

Hot lead is safer, eh? :giggle:

In my book most every time yep! :D I need to quit throwing those rocks since I have a lot of glass in my house but hopefully things will quiet down now that you know who is gone! :wave:

That's what I thought, too, until I realized that the pressure itself causes painful damage to ear drums. Very, very few people are deaf due to defective ear drums, therefore, ear protection is still recommended.

In bold, that's true because I feel popping in ear when someone shot the gun, especially if I'm closer to them.

I went to hunting with my family and feel popping several time when they shot the gun.

I have constant ear popping, usually during eat meal due to my allergy that where eustachian tube got swollen and it is very annoying.

In bold, that's true because I feel popping in ear when someone shot the gun, especially if I'm closer to them.

I went to hunting with my family and feel popping several time when they shot the gun.

I have constant ear popping, usually during eat meal due to my allergy that where eustachian tube got swollen and it is very annoying.

Sorry to hear that. Wear ear protection and see if it helps. Hunting and shooting is fun!

Back