Anyone here an expert on fishkeeping?

:giggle: I just talked to Duncan about my 2nd sister's fish tank got eggs in the small jar in the tank :giggle: will let know how it go with eggs :giggle:

hey Deafmonkey, That is great to hear, What is kind of fish that laid the eggs?

Yes please let me know how is the batch of the eggs.

Pls tell your sister "Good luck"

Duncan

hey Deafmonkey, That is great to hear, What is kind of fish that laid the eggs?

Yes please let me know how is the batch of the eggs.

Pls tell your sister "Good luck"

Duncan

Sure !!! I will tell my sister lol she is grandchildren from fish lol :giggle: lol :lol:

LOL
that is right She is become a grandmother of her grandchildren fish :)

but We have more than 4,000 grandchildren fish ! One day I will take picture of them.

I will post the babies fish on here :)

Gosh, good thing we don't have to buy them presents for birthday or christmas! lolz

My Bumblee Bee isn't eat for 3 days but not active. I notice other fishes do that once awhile.. Why is that?

Good to see this thread back to alive :)

My two cichlids are getting big now and it is really time to put them into a bigger tank! I noticed they are always hungry. Every time they see me walking by they zoom to the top of the water to wait for me to feed them. I am their Mommy :lol:

Gosh, good thing we don't have to buy them presents for birthday or christmas! lolz

My Bumblee Bee isn't eat for 3 days but not active. I notice other fishes do that once awhile.. Why is that?

The bumblee bee are living in braish water. They love to eat frozen brine shrimps and Frozen Bloodworms.

They like to live in half salt water and half fresh water. keep PH at 7.6 and higher.

Did you check with your water for ammonia, nitrAte, nitrIte, PH ?

What is your water temp? what kind of other fish in your tank?

If your water PH is too low than 7.0 PH................. You need to do large water change.

If your water have ammonia ........................ you need to do larage water change

If your water have nitrAte ......................... you need to do large water change

If you water have nitrIte......................... you need to do large water change

If your PH has problems, you can get a few pounds of crashed corals. That helps PH goes high.

Don't mind you can tell me what size your tank.

The large water change mean is more than 70%

HTH

Duncan

Good to see this thread back to alive :)

My two cichlids are getting big now and it is really time to put them into a bigger tank! I noticed they are always hungry. Every time they see me walking by they zoom to the top of the water to wait for me to feed them. I am their Mommy :lol:

Don't mind you can tell me what kind of cichlids?

What size your tank?

How is big your fish?

that is good, your fish are happy health.

Good Job to take care of your babies fish lol

Duncan

LOL
that is right She is become a grandmother of her grandchildren fish :)

but We have more than 4,000 grandchildren fish ! One day I will take picture of them.

I will post the babies fish on here :)

LOL!! ok sure you will post the picture in here lol

Yah she is grandchildren but she is already been grandchildren that is why my mom took 2 babies fish move to other small tank that I see 2 of them are orange and black fish still tiny but bit getting grow :) she have 3 babies .. 2 fishes in small tank to getting grow and one that look like teenager fish with mommy and daddy :) and now got another new babies eggs in the small jar of glasses :lol: wow my sister is getting old to be grandmother lol :lol: :rofl:

Don't mind you can tell me what kind of cichlids?
They are Jack Dempseys

What size your tank?
10 gallon

How is big your fish?
About 5 to 6 inches inches long.
When I first bought them 4 months ago they were about 3 inches.

that is good, your fish are happy health.

Good Job to take care of your babies fish lol

Duncan
Yep and I am thinking of getting more fishes but first need to get a bigger tank :D

Duncan, no its name for that fish. lol Bumblee Bee is Nimbochromis livingstonii chichlids Now hes fine.. eating right now and swimming. weird.

They are Jack Dempseys

The Jack demsey are very aggressive cichlids, They can reach more than 8 inches. The Jack demsey should live with other aggressive cichclids.

10 gallon

The 10 gallon tank is too small for them, Yes you need to get a bigger tank.

About 5 to 6 inches inches long.
When I first bought them 4 months ago they were about 3 inches.

that is good grow rate :)

Yep and I am thinking of getting more fishes but first need to get a bigger tank :D

Yes its a good idea! But you need to find other aggressive cichlids would be okay. If you dont like them, you can ask your LFS trade for other fish.

Duncan, no its name for that fish. lol Bumblee Bee is Nimbochromis livingstonii chichlids Now hes fine.. eating right now and swimming. weird.

LOL, That good to hear, they are doing very well:) Well depend on what the fish are in the mood when they want to swimming around or sitting but you need to feed them blance on the dite.

hello I am back:)

hey everybody,

any have problems with your fish keepers so far?

my shop is pretty good and growing so latley!

sorry I had no time to be here. I was crazy busy so lately!

:)

It's good to see you around, Duncan.

I enjoyed myself to read your feedback about breed the fishes...

I still don't own the fishes yet but I hope I will someday. (My hubby is against it. :()

Hi Liebling:)))

thank you :)

Aww what happend? are they too expensive? I am sure out there good quailty location tropcial fish stores are very good. Be careful you need keep your eyes on them how can you tell if they are sick or health. If you see one fish sick in a tank, don't buy it.

If your husband is afarid of it, you can tell me more maybe i can help you;)

cheers
Duncan

Last edited:
Back