Anyone got an used sorenson vp?

Who said I was lying? I can still say 26 because it's just 2 and half weeks away.

Edit: Fixed my profile. I wasn't paying attention when I made it.

I didn't say your lying. Guess your just plain inept because you can't pay attention to the numbers.

:smoking:

RITCount said:
Who said I was lying? I can still say 26 because it's just 2 and half weeks away.

Edit: Fixed my profile. I wasn't paying attention when I made it.

diehardbiker65 said:
I didn't say your lying. Guess your just plain inept because you can't pay attention to the numbers.

:smoking:

No, I was distracted by the tv news.

Now may we get back on topic?

RITCount said:
I'm willing to trade or buy it from the seller.

I don't trust installers that's why I'm asking here.

I tried to pull my friend who is vp installer to here, but he said he dont have time.. its true .. hes so busy with vp installing to many deaf/hoh homes..
For my self I know their rules and their policy.. that installer cant bring out deaf/hoh homes to outside (public) like friends or people to reveal other people's privacy.. installer already commited his job and FCC rules, that all installed customers stay private and condifental...

So.. try trust... if you do it yourself and I doubt there is one any used VP .. but its free- even router included if needed.

Good Luck

DoofusMama said:
I tried to pull my friend who is vp installer to here, but he said he dont have time.. its true .. hes so busy with vp installing to many deaf/hoh homes..
For my self I know their rules and their policy.. that installer cant bring out deaf/hoh homes to outside (public) like friends or people to reveal other people's privacy.. installer already commited his job and FCC rules, that all installed customers stay private and condifental...

So.. try trust... if you do it yourself and I doubt there is one any used VP .. but its free- even router included if needed.

Good Luck

Thanks for your help.

diehardbiker65 said:
From my experience, he is right! Some installer do shoddy job and can screw up networking system. First time the guy came in, did wreck my networking. I knew it will happen. I had to straighten out afterwards. This installer don't have any clue to whats difference between DHCP and Static IP address. I know the difference and it is BIG difference! Too bad most installer don't even think of this and eventually cause problems for deafies eventually. If they were set up properly deaf user will NOT have one problem for a long time.

There is serect on how to set up properly VP, and because I am not getting paid for so the serect is kept here.

Ha Same thing. I have SMC router and Installer never heard of that one before. I told him that I need more than 6 ports. (One for my computer, one for dad, one for my brother, one for server computer, one for Access point for my laptop.) He said wow why too many? So he bring Router 4 ports. Wtf? So I unhook VRS and dont use it anymore. Image looks awful and too dark and blurry. I try to adjustment it to make clear but no luck. I still need DMZ for my server computer. Screw up VRS. Later he emailed me that he want to come here for update VRS. I said, "No, I am not interesting. Thank you bye"

NEVER NEVER turn on DMZ for server!!!! Turn on DMZ for VP or dummy is fine because there is nothing for hacker to break in and gain (except to destroy). DMZ is really dangerous if not properly set up! There is another way you could use even with DMZ disabled. By using port forward, there is info on sorenson website.

Neo said:
Ha Same thing. I have SMC router and Installer never heard of that one before. I told him that I need more than 6 ports. (One for my computer, one for dad, one for my brother, one for server computer, one for Access point for my laptop.) He said wow why too many? So he bring Router 4 ports. Wtf? So I unhook VRS and dont use it anymore. Image looks awful and too dark and blurry. I try to adjustment it to make clear but no luck. I still need DMZ for my server computer. Screw up VRS. Later he emailed me that he want to come here for update VRS. I said, "No, I am not interesting. Thank you bye"

Neo said:

That's smart that you did that.

The OP needs to realize that we don't own our VP-100's. Any sale or trade is going to be illegal.

I have my share of installer horror stories. I knew they wouldn't understand my network so I temporaily changed my network to the simple one most use. Once he was gone I switched it back. Works perfectly now.

My frien ordered a VP (Dlink) and the installer did not know how o hook it up to a DSL modem. He just left it there for them to figure it out himself. O)f course he came to me who fixed it for him.

diehardbiker65 said:
NEVER NEVER turn on DMZ for server!!!! Turn on DMZ for VP or dummy is fine because there is nothing for hacker to break in and gain (except to destroy). DMZ is really dangerous if not properly set up! There is another way you could use even with DMZ disabled. By using port forward, there is info on sorenson website.

Remember I have two firewires. One for router and one for software in W2k3. I have no problem with that and I am too lazy to do NAT and port forward. I will do LATER whatever I have time.

Actually when you turn on DMZ, you are practically disable the firewall!!! The purpose of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) is to remove any firewall, thus let any data come in and go freely. The idea of having VP on DMZ is to have nothing in the way of traffic so that you can get nearly tv quality videophone.

If you don't know or think it is nothing about DMZ, then your in wrong place to deal with. Because damages can happen if you don't really know what your doing.

Neo said:
Remember I have two firewires. One for router and one for software in W2k3. I have no problem with that and I am too lazy to do NAT and port forward. I will do LATER whatever I have time.

I agree with you Diehardbiker. It's not like there's any important info that hacker can hack in and get info.

diehardbiker65 said:
Actually when you turn on DMZ, you are practically disable the firewall!!! The purpose of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) is to remove any firewall, thus let any data come in and go freely. The idea of having VP on DMZ is to have nothing in the way of traffic so that you can get nearly tv quality videophone.

If you don't know or think it is nothing about DMZ, then your in wrong place to deal with. Because damages can happen if you don't really know what your doing.

DMZ CAN'T DISABLE FIREWALL SOFTWARE at O/S.

Over here on this thread is where the popcorn tastes a lot better.

Richard

diehardbiker65 said:
I wish I could but sorry I do not have one available VP-100. I have second one and waiting for exchange. One of hacker broke in and screwed it up. That is because I left it connected with 100% straight to cable modem, meaning no security involved. I now use router and if properly set it up should work fine for long time.

NOPE!

Computer doesn't understand VP-100 because both have different system and networking protocols to communicate therefore it can't be hacked!

Router is needed when you have more than one device that needs network access, i.e. vp100, computer, etc. Some cases - router boost the networking performance other than just security issues. Also not all modems can be directly connected to VP-100 (of course *coughing* DLINK VP as well)

diehardbiker65 said:

NOPE!

DMZ function focus on dedicated machine to open up and not to open the rest of the networking environment

It doesn't matter which DMZ or not to free up the traffic to your networking environment

Example: Using VP-100 with DMZ is great solution to open all ports without doing extra configurations

Yes it's not good idea to use DMZ if you're still not able to define DMZ clearly

Back