Anyone got an used sorenson vp?

Blade Runner

Reaction score
I'm willing to trade or buy it from the seller.

I don't trust installers that's why I'm asking here.

RITCount said:
I'm willing to trade or buy it from the seller.

I don't trust installers that's why I'm asking here.
May I ask why you don't trust the installers? Just curious.

BlueButterfly said:

They're too nosy in my business and they show up at the wrong times. Plus I live with the parents so...

RITCount, hi...
I am thinking that the availability of a used appliance like your'e talking about is very rare. This is because we get them for free and don't really belong to us, right?

At any rate, best of luck on the hunt....

Tousi said:
RITCount, hi...
I am thinking that the availability of a used appliance like your'e talking about is very rare. This is because we get them for free and don't really belong to us, right?

Actually, I've seen some D-Links on ebay some of them are even used!.

I have a D-Link myself but I'm curious to see why Sorenson VP-100 has different features...

The reason I'm asking for a possible trade is because It's not that hard to install a VP. I got mine from Hamiliton but back then they allowed us to install on our own by mailing vps to us. Now they say we have to let a installer come to our houses.

From my experience, he is right! Some installer do shoddy job and can screw up networking system. First time the guy came in, did wreck my networking. I knew it will happen. I had to straighten out afterwards. This installer don't have any clue to whats difference between DHCP and Static IP address. I know the difference and it is BIG difference! Too bad most installer don't even think of this and eventually cause problems for deafies eventually. If they were set up properly deaf user will NOT have one problem for a long time.

There is serect on how to set up properly VP, and because I am not getting paid for so the serect is kept here.

BlueButterfly said:

Whats difference between Sorenson VP and Dlink? Well there is one MAJOR difference is that you can have phone book used in conjection with VRS operator. For example you enter a phone number that is for hearing caller, you can click it as VRS calls rather than direct call. Dlink VP don't have this feature!

What I mean is that with Sorenson VP, you have three choices for specific phone number in phone book, one is that for another VP, second one is IP address and third one is though VRS. On other hand, for Dlink I can only set IP address for VRS of my choice and have to have seperate phone book for hearies phone numbers, then sign that phone number to the operator each time you make the VRS call. That is pain in the azz.

You could still get free Dlink VP100 from either Hamilton VRS, CSDvrs, or SprintVRS.

RITCount said:
Actually, I've seen some D-Links on ebay some of them are even used!.

I have a D-Link myself but I'm curious to see why Sorenson VP-100 has different features...

The reason I'm asking for a possible trade is because It's not that hard to install a VP. I got mine from Hamiliton but back then they allowed us to install on our own by mailing vps to us. Now they say we have to let a installer come to our houses.

diehardbiker65 said:
From my experience, he is right! Some installer do shoddy job and can screw up networking system. First time the guy came in, did wreck my networking. I knew it will happen. I had to straighten out afterwards. This installer don't have any clue to whats difference between DHCP and Static IP address. I know the difference and it is BIG difference! Too bad most installer don't even think of this and eventually cause problems for deafies eventually. If they were set up properly deaf user will NOT have one problem for a long time.

There is serect on how to set up properly VP, and because I am not getting paid for so the serect is kept here.

If you get vp-100 for me, I'll pay you to teach me your secret. Deal?

I can NOT get you VP-100, however if you have one or able to get one then we can discuss more. :)

RITCount said:
If you get vp-100 for me, I'll pay you to teach me your secret. Deal?

diehardbiker65 said:
Whats difference between Sorenson VP and Dlink? Well there is one MAJOR difference is that you can have phone book used in conjection with VRS operator. For example you enter a phone number that is for hearing caller, you can click it as VRS calls rather than direct call. Dlink VP don't have this feature!

What I mean is that with Sorenson VP, you have three choices for specific phone number in phone book, one is that for another VP, second one is IP address and third one is though VRS. On other hand, for Dlink I can only set IP address for VRS of my choice and have to have seperate phone book for hearies phone numbers, then sign that phone number to the operator each time you make the VRS call. That is pain in the azz.

You could still get free Dlink VP100 from either Hamilton VRS, CSDvrs, or SprintVRS.

I already have Dlink.

I just think Sorenson has the better feature.

diehardbiker65 said:
I can NOT get you VP-100, however if you have one or able to get one then we can discuss more. :)

I don't havre any Dlink but I can trade you my vp for one of your sorenson vps.

I wish I could but sorry I do not have one available VP-100. I have second one and waiting for exchange. One of hacker broke in and screwed it up. That is because I left it connected with 100% straight to cable modem, meaning no security involved. I now use router and if properly set it up should work fine for long time.

RITCount said:
I don't havre any Dlink but I can trade you my vp for one of your sorenson vps.

diehardbiker65 said:
I wish I could but sorry I do not have one available VP-100. I have second one and waiting for exchange. One of hacker broke in and screwed it up. That is because I left it connected with 100% straight to cable modem, meaning no security involved. I now use router and if properly set it up should work fine for long time.

Yeah I use a router too. I bought it mainly because of my PlayStation 2.

Gee I didn't realize that he's only 16 years old! Sheesh, now I know why he don't want any installer coming in. sigh!

\
ideafspy said:
:werd: :ugh: that a lame dicuss....

Is it fact? Hmmmm

Lets do the mathematic work here.

Your profile shows your date of birth as December 17th, 1989
so subtract that from 2004 because December 17th 2005 has not arrived yet.

--------

So what 15 stands for? That is how old you are!

I see your pants down already!

RITCount said:
No, it's a fact.

Gotcha! you must be lying somewhere or just plain inept with mathematic. Even if you said your 26 years old and that December 17th has not arrived yet....

Back