Anyone going to the Inauguration?

Nika

Reaction score
I live in Washington, D.C. and I must say our city is jam packed for the Inauguration. We are having no fewer than twenty-three people staying with us -- in cots and sleeping bags on the floor.

We're going to walk an hour and a half from where I live to the Capitol because the roads and the metro will be completely packed. I'm excited!

Is anyone else planning on going?

deafteen,

the presidential inauguration. that's the day (january 20th) when barack obama will be sworn in as the 44th president of the united states.

nika,

i would *love* to go, but can't afford to -- not to mention the fact that crowds make me manic. you can bet your bottom dollar though that i'll be watching the coverage of it on tv.

I work here in Washington. The US Capital building is in fact, visible from the window and located just a quick walk across the street. No I will not be caught in the pandemonium that will be January 20th. As a federal employee, I have the entire day off with pay so i'll be watching from the cozy comfort of my bed.

Oh nice. Is the government going to be working Monday the 19th? I heard you're off the Friday before -- is that true?

Oh nice. Is the government going to be working Monday the 19th? I heard you're off the Friday before -- is that true?

No work on the 19th as that is Martin Luther King's birthday (another federal holiday). I have yet to recieve news of us being off for Friday the 16th, although it would be a pleasant suprise if we were. :)

My sister will be going to the Inauguration on Jan 20th, she involved with Obama alot. Went to lunch with his wife, Michelle several times.

I work for Federal Government, will be off on Jan 19th MLK only. I have not heard anything about off on Jan 20th Tuesday.

No work on the 19th as that is Martin Luther King's birthday (another federal holiday). I have yet to recieve news of us being off for Friday the 16th, although it would be a pleasant suprise if we were. :)

Whoops, forgot about MLK Day. For some reason I had it in my mind it was on the 15th. I heard they are shutting down government buildings on the 16th to start with traffic control and crowd planning. I might be totally off, though.

My sister will be going to the Inauguration on Jan 20th, she involved with Obama alot. Went to lunch with his wife, Michelle several times.

I work for Federal Government, will be off on Jan 19th MLK only. I have not heard anything about off on Jan 20th Tuesday.

Wow! How was lunch with Michelle Obama?

I really like how down-to-earth they come across as in their interviews (and Barack Obama in his books.) Are they so down to earth in person? I'm interested to know. (I ask because my mom is famous -- not as famous as the Obamas though -- and while she come across as down-to-earth in interviews and articles, she's far from in her personal life! <laugh>)

Back