Anyone from Seattle, WA area

Ms. T

Reaction score
I'm here to introduce myself. I'm a college student in Washington. I'm hoping to get into graduate school soon. I'm HOH and I've finally for the first time in my life found ASL. My parents always discouraged it growing up and now I find what I was missing out on! So I guess I'm making up for lost time. I can't explain the feeling of fully understanding now, I guess maybe no one will understand, or maybe they will?=)

Hi MsT,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here! :applause:

Ms. T said:
I'm here to introduce myself. I'm a college student in Washington. I'm hoping to get into graduate school soon. I'm HOH and I've finally for the first time in my life found ASL. My parents always discouraged it growing up and now I find what I was missing out on! So I guess I'm making up for lost time. I can't explain the feeling of fully understanding now, I guess maybe no one will understand, or maybe they will?=)

Hi Ms. T.............I am not from Seattle area but I'm your southern neighbor as I am in Portland, Ore :)

I found ASL in college too so I can relate to how you are feeling. Aint it grand to finally be " validated" and " understood" for once in your life?

Most of us here DO understand.

Enjoy your journey!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ms. T, I'm from Seattle, WA, and welcome to AD and enjoy ur stay! :)

Hi Ms.T,

I'm from Seattle...well actually in general but I used to live in Seattle (Capital Hill) and attended Seattle Central Community College for a year last year. Right now I live about 25 mins south of Seattle. What's your name if u don't mind?

I do understand how it's like to find what's more in lost times in a deaf person's life. I'm deaf myself. I've teached several hard of hearing people my age sign language and introduced them to deaf culture and more than ever they were in love in what they've missed out! hehe

welcome to AllDeaf and feel free to ask any questions.

welcome to AD!!!! I know Seattle has huge deafblind population- have you heard about that?? They also have a restuant that is owned by deafblind chef as well.

racheleggert said:
welcome to AD!!!! I know Seattle has huge deafblind population- have you heard about that?? They also have a restuant that is owned by deafblind chef as well.

Rachel, I believe that the resturant is closed now. I can't remember why but it closed a few years ago. That was too bad as I liked going to the resturant.

Back