Anyone fan of World Cup 2006?

MaxUFC

Reaction score
I was thinking about to set Deaf World Cup fantasy of Yahoo UK. Pick your players and set up for each one of matches daily for a month.

I picked Brazil to win World Cup 2006. England could be better chance this year than past WC. USA's trip will be end by one of Elite 8 team.

World Cup 2006 is not far from my area... It's 45 km (28 miles) away from my area... :) but we are not interesting to go there but watch on TV :)

Some young men from our church will go to World Cup as part of a soccer missionary group.

Liebling:-))) said:
World Cup 2006 is not far from my area... It's 45 km (28 miles) away from my area... :) but we are not interesting to go there but watch on TV :)

Avoid be kicking by England's Hooligans? :)

Reba said:
Some young men from our church will go to World Cup as part of a soccer missionary group.

They must be true soccer (football, Euro) people?! :cool2:

Yea for italy! Im really hoping they beat USA and Ghana in the first round. No doubt they should, heard both teams have done pretty well. But for my fellow itals sake they better kick ass or la famiglia wont be too happy!..lol 1 more day! Can't wait!

em goin germany :) wooooooooooooooooooooooopie

go go germany & portugal

Aussie Aussie Aussie! =)

It is just before Australia v Brazil at the next World Cup Group game.
Harry Kewell goes into the Australian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.
"What's up?" he asks.
"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. :sadwave:
We know it's important but it's only Brazil. They're really sh*te and we can't be bothered".
Harry Kewell looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself, you lads go down the pub." :cheers:
So Harry Kewell goes out to play Brazil by himself and the rest of the Australian team go off for a few jugs.
After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads
"Australia 1 - Brazil 0 (Kewell 10minutes)". He is beating Brazil all by himself!
Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium!"
Australia 1 (Kewell 10 minutes) - Brazil 1 (Ronaldino 89 minutes)".
They can't believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against Brazil!!!
They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Kewell. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands.
He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."
"Don't be daft, you got a draw against Brazil, all by yourself.
And they only scored at the very, very end!"
"No, No, I have, I've let you down... I got sent off after 12 minutes"

Last edited:
well, i have a few cents riding on USA not winning at all... unfortunately, i don't get to watch the matches :(

i want to see japan play brasil :):):) that should be fun...

gonna have to say i'm rooting for England, though :D

Murasaki said:
oh dear! what a great story!!!! hehe
Be nice if it was inspired by a true story.. lol

The Brazil Aus & Japan Croatia games are tomorrow night! I'll be watching.. Hope you enjoy the games!

Back