Anyone experiencing problems with Sidekick II lately?

e

Reaction score
my SKII was having connection problem thru out tonight since early sunday. there was at least one person i know has similar issue with it. i was just curious if there are SKers out there experiencing similar problem. it kept disconnected for some reason and been like this for quiet while. it rarely connected but neither sent/recieve e-mails worked. when i logged on my AIM on my computer and my screen name wasnt on my SK (i signed off then), the AIM pop up screen would say you have AIM on from 3 different locations. i had no time to call t-mobile today, hopefully tomorrow.... i hope my SK isnt hacked! :Ohno: i hope my nude pictures wouldnt go out on internet

I've been having problems too. It's been like that since yesterday. If you can't get online through your pager and through their website, then you can call their 800 number and possibly get $5 off your next bill. ;)

I think we had a data outage here in Seattle area, most of my friends can't connect to it, even me too. Weird!

thats funny! someone called tmobile service yesterday regarding the problem and got a $5 off, too. i gotta do it tomorrow before it works! :mrgreen:

I called T-mo. They stated that it was a "Problem with Danger's Servers". That kinda makes sence because you can't login to the web desktop interface, either. (login.sidekick.dngr.com).

had a brief call with t-mobile:
thank you fXX very much for verifying this information i apologize but our system informtaion is being update and no information is available right now what i can do it take a note and have someone call you back while the system is being upatged is that alright with you q ga

okay is that the reason my sidekick has been down for past two days? ga

with the sidekick information for the internet access we are experiencing some technical difficulites with being connedXXcted with your gprs ansd we do not have any estimate time as to when your internet connectionwill be up and running i do apologize for this inconvenience ga

:sigh: they couldnt estimate time to get its system working. but hey, if this takes more days they should give $10 or $20 credit! ;)

same as here..... they oughta to think TWICE before have network problem!!! :fu2: :pissed: :pissed:

Money For Your Troubles!

T-Mobile Network Outtage
Well, guess what? T-mobile had a MAJOR network outtage sometime yesterday, March 6, 2005. If your t-mobile is not working yesterday and today? No? Then, do this: Go to your Desktop Interface and sign on with your account. Try to access the Desktop Interface on that website. Can you access it? No?? Then call T-Mobile at 1-800-937-8997. Tell them the problems you have with your sidekick and that you CANNOT get on the desktop interface on my.t-mobile.com, check and make sure you cannot access the webpage, then call t-mobile if you cant sign on) Do the proper steps before you call them. Or else, you'd look like a stupid fool if the site ACTUALLY works for you and you're "calling and complaining for nothing". They will check and see which areas they KNOW their service are not working. If you are listed under the area the service is not working, they will either give you additional number of new text messages to use or give you 5 dollars off if you use the unlimited data plan.

Excrepted from Deaf258's blog

It works-- the "deal"

here was what happened when I called them to file a complaint:

[introduction, questions, answers, questons, yak yak....]
.....then VIOLA--
gnarlydorkette in an instant message conversation said:
HipRelay: unfortunately there is no estimated time for resolution
HipRelay: they have been working on this since march 6th
HipRelay: hoepefuly within the next
HipRelay: several hours they will have it resolved
gnarlydorkette: ok... so ... I am paying for a cellphone that is not working?
gnarlydorkette: ga
HipRelay: once again i do apologize it
HipRelay: will not take very long they take these situations very seriously and they
HipRelay: will have it working in a timely manner
gnarlydorkette: Allright. my friend told me that I was supposed to call you and see if ther service in my area doesn't work then i am supposed to get five bucks knocked off from the bill
HipRelay: (chuckles)
gnarlydorkette: Is the serve not working at all in my area?
gnarlydorkette: ga
HipRelay: unfortnuately its not just
HipRelay: your area this is a nationwide issue as far as a monetary credit
HipRelay: if u feel that would help u in this situation i would be
HipRelay: more than happy to apply a 5 dollar credit (spoundsxxxx sounds pleasant)
gnarlydorkette: please do. :) ga

So there you go. I was totally coy about it-- asking him questions et cetera to show how disappointing I was without blowing a fuse. IT seems he doesn't pick up so I decided to be frank and he just chuckled.
:angel:

My sidekick 1 does not work since Sunday evening until now. I am so pissed off because I will be hearing important message.

My concern is that, what if there is an emergency. How could we reach each other on sidekick? Cell phone almost never had any problem. Why would Deaf device always have problem with network?

I am too unhappy with T-Mobil network.

I do have problem with my SK too...

I use my txt message to relay any message.. email, aim, web doesn't work Only works are Phone and Txt msg.. it sucks when you don't have everyone's phone number soo I only txt msg to my mom LOL...

Wendy

I had the same problem. Now it is running okay but I sent my email from gmail to tmail. It didnt go through.

Im ready to KNOCK THE SK OUT on the wall.. but gotta to think postive. so hope this gonna to ready by time anytime soon..

Same here, I am getting worried because I am going out of the state THIS friday for my vacation and I want to able to be in contact. GRRR!

yea same here.... since sunday!!! they say update.. i was alike huh again!!! grrrr :(

Thanks goodness I dont have SK or SKII. I am using the regular cellphone and never had a problem with it also I am using Nextel. :P

Does anyone have a Hiptop device with service from someone other than T-mobile?? I just want to make sure that it is not a T-mo problem before I yell at T-mobile. I don't think it is. Since I still can't access the Danger servers, then it still looks like a Danger problem.

Prostock -- my SKII is under Danger -- so i think u might be right that it is the problem of Danger as opposed to T-mobile :dunno:

I found my proof. This actually made the NEWS!!!!

http://news.com.com/Danger+outage+turns+Sidekicks+into+just+phones/2100-1041_3-5603252.html

Danger outage turns Sidekicks into just phones
Sidekick users raged against their machines on Monday, as service provider Danger fought to isolate issues that disconnected the hip phones from e-mail, instant messaging and other data services.

The severity of the issues varied widely among users, with some consumers reporting that they had been without service for more than 24 hours, while others reported no issues, according to a review of more than 150 posts to a Sidekick and Sidekick 2 forum. Danger, the creator of the Sidekick devices and the company that maintains the service for carrier T-Mobile USA, gave few details of the problem.

"This morning, some users may experience degradation in service (e.g., connection and email delay) which is currently being resolved by Danger engineers," a Danger representative wrote in a a posting to Hiptop.com, a company-owned forum for Sidekick customers.

Neither Danger nor T-Mobile responded to requests for comment.

The outages are the latest issues plaguing the mobile phone and Internet services provided by Danger and T-Mobile. Both companies have come under scrutiny as the means by which online thieves managed to steal the addresses, e-mail messages and images from the Sidekick of celebrity heiress Paris Hilton last year, an incident that came to light last month. The recent appearance on the Internet of a private sex video of Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst and an ex-girlfriend--allegedly stolen from Durst's PC--has also been linked to the same group.

Whether the outage is part of an attack or the result of technical glitches is unknown.

Most customers did not seem to care about the distinction. In a flurry of posts, angered users took issue with Danger's characterization of the outage as a "degradation in service" and accused the company of downplaying the seriousness of the problems.

"I'm going on 48 hours down-time," wrote one customer in a post to the forum. "I use this device as a primary mail client. Not having it is killing me. I pay for QoS (quality of service), and expect it."

In addition, some customers complained that they could not connect to Danger's server, which provides customers with Web access to their Sidekick data. CNET News.com confirmed that the company's Desktop Interface was down much of Monday.

Danger updated users in the past month with patches for the device's operating system and its wireless networking capability. Some customers theorized that the two software updates, which several posters had just received over the network last weekend, were the cause of the outage.

Whatever the reason, the outage had customers frustrated with the Sidekick devices and the service.

"As for Danger...they seriously need to get their act together," stated another customer on the Hiptop forum. "I understand an outage lasting a couple hours, but an outage lasting longer than 24 hours is completely unacceptable."

Back