Anyone experienced with Electronystagmogram(ENG)?

NJzDesiGurl786

Reaction score
I was hard of hearing for 23 years. I became profoundly deaf in Sept 2007. And I had a CI Surgery on Feb 23, 2009(that is one year from 2 days ago) I'm glad I hear everything. I'm now on 10 dB. But I'm having some experience; I feel dizzy and spinning since two months. I feel numb and weird. I could not focus on anything. So, I went to Otolaryngologist. He tested me the balance of my feet. with eyes shut and walk straight and hand up, follow his finger, shake my head and focus on his nose just to see if my eyes have any movement...and all that stuff.

However, He suggested me to take a test on Electronystagmogram(ENG). I have an appointment for that. I don't know what is that gonna do. Have anyone experienced with ENG? Is this painless or what? Will it effect my CI OR through my residual hearing loss?... I hear it's take lot of while--- about 60-90 mins.

On the other hand, I have thyroid--hypothyroidism several years ago. I do not have hypothyroidism this time but went to doctor yesterday. I suppose to get check up in every November. I didn't make an appt for it but they did called me in few days ago before my appt. So, the new they gave me yesterday; They caught me thyroid calcium on the ultrasound. Just little hard and very tiny one. They did biopsy needle six time on the same day. Luckily, they caught it on time. they will inform me in a week with biopsy result.

This could be either ENG... and thyroid calcium...

By the way I was the member of AllDeaf for... I think 2 years now. I haven't post anything yet--- since I'm back to school.

I'm from New Jersey.

I have had it done twice to each ear what it does is test the vestibular nerves it is painless and in fact the more dizzy you get from it your balance nerves are working properly. These test are generally for people that suffer vertigo attacks and I sure hope your not one of us.

I have had it done twice to each ear what it does is test the vestibular nerves it is painless and in fact the more dizzy you get from it your balance nerves are working properly. These test are generally for people that suffer vertigo attacks and I sure hope your not one of us.

I see. That's your experience. I may will feel the same. And Yeah, I'm sure I 'm not one of them. Let see how the test go. Thank for sharing your experience.

Back