Anyone Else Think Congress is Inherently Flawed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the voters that don't research enough to pick the right person to run the government.

I agree. There's a bit of a mob mentality that seems to take over sometimes. While in Alabama, some people were talking about politics and it was evident they were Republicans but when I asked them specific questions on certain platforms, they couldn't answer because they really didn't know their own politics that well, they were more influenced by opinion than actual knowledge.

I agree. There's a bit of a mob mentality that seems to take over sometimes. While in Alabama, some people were talking about politics and it was evident they were Republicans but when I asked them specific questions on certain platforms, they couldn't answer because they really didn't know their own politics that well, they were more influenced by opinion than actual knowledge.

Party voters. I hate it.

It's all about who has the money. That's all it is. You rich and powerful? Let's buy you a fucking election.

Makes me sick.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

deafskeptic said:
Party voters. I hate it.

Me too. A lot of republicans think that the democrat pary is the wrong party period.

A lot of Democrats think that the Republican party is the wrong party, too.

Doug5 said:
Start electing better people.

Its not that simple. It takes money to get elected and the money has to be paid back in political favors.

The 2 party system is another thing thats flawed

What is your solution?

I didn't mention either party. I just said "party voters". Democrats who vote based on no other criteria but party are just as bad as Repubs who do.

I knew what you mean about the mob mentality that takes over. The humans naturally agree with what most people have.

That is not typical of Republicans ... it is typical of people from Alabama.

Anyone Else Think Congress is Inherently Flawed?

This is a trick question, isn't it? :lol: ;)

Just kidding.

It is flawed. But show me a system of governance that isn't flawed.

I'm glad we don't have a dictator like Libya or Turkmenistan.

I'm glad that I live in a country where I can travel anywhere within without presenting my "papers" like a "good citizen."

I'm glad that I can start up an internet home business without asking anyone for permission. Or at least minimal permission in some jurisdictions.

I'm glad that there is freedom of speech and I can go to any public library and access any book I want through Interlibrary loans. I'm glad that there are public libraries like this.

I'm glad that access laws for the deaf/hoh have come as far as they have. They are not perfect, but wow, it's come along way! That's something to be proud of.

I'm glad that I can flip the bird and walk off if I don't like a situation. Nothing chains me to a job or a location in this country.

I'm glad that I have the freedom to fail and learn from my mistakes. "I have not failed. I have found 10,000 ways it doesn't work." -- Thomas Edison.

I do not live in a perfect country... but no one does. In the long, bloody span of history... we have it really good in this country compared to others.

A modest home in this country has technology, services, and appliances that the richest King at the turn of the 20th Century (1900) would not have had for all the money in the world.

So yeah, things are flawed. Things could be better. But keep it in perspective.

I didn't mention either party. I just said "party voters". Democrats who vote based on no other criteria but party are just as bad as Repubs who do.
I wasn't really replying to your post. I clicked on deafskeptic's post. For some reason, mobile AD carries over both posts.

Perhaps but it's not as as widespread as it is in the Republic party.

You raise a point there.

You raise a point there.

My problem is uninformed, non-thinking voters, who don't have a clue what they are actually voting for or why a proposal will or will not work and the effects it would have on the American public. They vote a party, because their daddy voted that party, because Uncle Joe votes that party, because Grandpappy voted that party...you know where I am going with this.

This is a trick question, isn't it? :lol: ;)

Just kidding.

It is flawed. But show me a system of governance that isn't flawed.

I'm glad we don't have a dictator like Libya or Turkmenistan.

I'm glad that I live in a country where I can travel anywhere within without presenting my "papers" like a "good citizen."

I'm glad that I can start up an internet home business without asking anyone for permission. Or at least minimal permission in some jurisdictions.

I'm glad that there is freedom of speech and I can go to any public library and access any book I want through Interlibrary loans. I'm glad that there are public libraries like this.

I'm glad that access laws for the deaf/hoh have come as far as they have. They are not perfect, but wow, it's come along way! That's something to be proud of.

I'm glad that I can flip the bird and walk off if I don't like a situation. Nothing chains me to a job or a location in this country.

I'm glad that I have the freedom to fail and learn from my mistakes. "I have not failed. I have found 10,000 ways it doesn't work." -- Thomas Edison.

I do not live in a perfect country... but no one does. In the long, bloody span of history... we have it really good in this country compared to others.

A modest home in this country has technology, services, and appliances that the richest King at the turn of the 20th Century (1900) would not have had for all the money in the world.

So yeah, things are flawed. Things could be better. But keep it in perspective.

Libya isn't dictatorship anymore and they are warfare country now.

Libya isn't dictatorship anymore and they are warfare country now.

Yes, I know. That was a very recent change. It remains to be seen whether another dictatorship will take the old dictatorship's place in the long run.

. . . and the solution is...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back