Anyone Else Have A Hearing Ear Dog?

CATLOVERS2000

Reaction score
JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER THAT HAVE A GUIDE DOG AND WHAT IT BEEN TRAINED FOR BESIDE SOUND. :ugh2:

Catlovers2000,

:welcome: to alldeaf.com!!

I have a hearing dog, Snickers. She was trained by me and, no, I will not allow any agency test her in any way, shape or form, as it's not required under The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

Snickers is a spayed, six-year old Akita/German Shepherd and has been with me since October 2000, when she actually started out as my pet. I took her off pet status in early 2002 and she has been my hearing dog since, going most places with me. For the most part, I do not cape her, as this also is not required under the ADA.

Since you're new here, cat, there are a few of us that have hearing dogs here. You'll undoubtedly meet coloravalanche, who is a person who insists on having her world run by hearies and has her dog "certified." She won't listen when she's told and given proof that "certification" and caping is not required or mandatory as per the ADA. She got in trouble earlier this year when she was posting copyrighted material from a website of whose owners train service dogs and I called them on it. The owner of said website & I talked at length and she wrote online here that she (color) is not supposed to copy copyrighted material, but she dissed her. You can find her thread here: http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=23851

Last edited:
Back