Anybody with a Freedom not using their Personal Audio Cable,

neecy

Reaction score
And willing to sell it? I'm looking to replace mine, but Cochlear's prices are out of my league. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Ok..

Alright, everyone here should feel free to call me out on this if I'm wrong, but is it possible a standard stereo cable would work? One for 8$, tops, at Target or RadioShack?

12-Inch Shielded Stereo Audio Cable - RadioShack.com

I'm not a CI user, so I don't know if I'd go about plugging cords into my processors (though I guess you're taking the same risk getting a used one) but is there any chance this would work?
Part of me says no, because I think a lot of people would've publicized this online already? Idk.

Can anyone let us know?
I used an audio cable when I lost the one for my FM, and I bought another one that works perfectly to listen to my iPod.

the jack into the processor is different.... Let me show you, Girlingrey.

CI046-1.jpg

processor on left, see the black jack it's square (ish) then the usual jack on other end for any equipment (thats not plugged in wall socket unless the cord has circuit breaker)

Haha thanks. No wonder :D

Could anyone get a pic of the non-audeo end of the cable (that plugs in) and the plug itself?

OK, I'm gonna keep looking into this, but for now, there's one on Ebay for 5 days or so, starting at 75$. That's still pretty expensive, so as I said, I'll keep trying.

$75 isnt a bad price since there $180 for the cable to use on a tv or computer on the companys website. I've got all the cables for the CI but never use them.

There are two versions of the cable one at $130 and the other at $180. The one at $180 has surge protection filter for AC power equipment so that a malfunction of the equipment will not pass AC voltage to the CI processor. The cheaper version does not have the filter and intended for battery operated equipment.

$75 isnt a bad price since there $180 for the cable to use on a tv or computer on the companys website. I've got all the cables for the CI but never use them.

There are two versions of the cable one at $130 and the other at $180. The one at $180 has surge protection filter for AC power equipment so that a malfunction of the equipment will not pass AC voltage to the CI processor. The cheaper version does not have the filter and intended for battery operated equipment.

Yup I've got both of those and the lapel mic too but only used them 2 or 3 times. and a bunch of other CI stuff ill never use too.

I have all of these. I don't use them that much. But I do like to listen the IPOD when I am in good mood. I am busy with my son. It's hard for me to listen the music.

Bumping this thread - as I'm still interested in purchasing a PAC from anyone who has a Freedom and is not using theirs.

Bumping this thread - as I'm still interested in purchasing a PAC from anyone who has a Freedom and is not using theirs.

Neecy, did you post on the CI forums? People occasionally swap or sell such stuff. I've given away some of our old Freedom accessories (babyworn stuff and battery holders) that we don't use, but our PAC still works with N5s + adaptor, otherwise I'd send your way.

Thanks Grendel - I never thought of Cochlear's forums!

Neecy, did you post on the CI forums? People occasionally swap or sell such stuff. I've given away some of our old Freedom accessories (babyworn stuff and battery holders) that we don't use, but our PAC still works with N5s + adaptor, otherwise I'd send your way.

bumping - you never know if somebody new has one that they are willing to sell :)

Cochlear personal audio cable

Hi ,
Please allow me to share with you my solution to Chochlear personal audio cable issue. I purchased a $5.00 replacement universal connector ( used for mobile phones, Mp3 etc.) from Radio Shack. I then contacted a local electrician from the phone book, explained to him I need the connector replaced. I was charged $10 for his services. Now I have a metal connector that will last me a lifetime. Total investment $15.00 for me to be "plugged" in again Priceless.

Back