anybody want to help a nursing student? please

caij

Reaction score
Hi all
Ok. I have a favour to ask.
I am a nursing student in northern B.C Canada. I am now in the middle of my community nursing course, and I have to write an essay about culture in community nursing. I was hoping to write about the Deaf culture, but because the 10 questions that I am required to ask wants information about different health care systems. So I am hoping to direct this towards any deaf or HOH people, from any background or country, who have experienced the Canadian health care system, or have immigrated to Canada in the recent few years.

The questions:

1.How does your culture view health?
2.How does your culture view health care providers?
3.What does your culture think about the Canadian health care system?
4.How does the Canadian health care system differ from your country of origin’s system?
5.What are your traditional cultural or non cultural methods used to treat sickness
6.Do you think your traditional ways of healing are accepted in Canadian hospitals?
7.How important is it to you that your culture’s way of healing be incorporated into the Canadian health care system?
8.What would be the benefits?
9.What would be the risks?
10. What are the key verbal and non verbal behaviours health care providers should know about when interacting with your particular culture?

Any information given will remain between me and my instructor.
This would be a huge help for me, so a big THANK YOU to all who help me. :yesway:

Just out of curiosity, since I admit to making a similar survey thread in the "Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants" forum. Does that mean we shouldn't expect any responses from anyone on the forums? The way the link is being used seems to imply that it is a polite way of saying "no, I won't answer," which of course is perfectly fine since no one is obligated to respond to surveys under any circumstances. However, I just want to make sure it's not implying "no, go away from this forum because we don't want you"

Just out of curiosity, since I admit to making a similar survey thread in the "Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants" forum. Does that mean we shouldn't expect any responses from anyone on the forums? The way the link is being used seems to imply that it is a polite way of saying "no, I won't answer," which of course is perfectly fine since no one is obligated to respond to surveys under any circumstances. However, I just want to make sure it's not implying "no, go away from this forum because we don't want you"

No, that is not what it said. It was put up there because we were so tired of answering the same questions over and over. If you don't find an answer to your question, then post it. If you found the answer without asking the ADers, use that for your assignment. Those who posted that link want to make sure that you are aware of it. That is all. :)

Caij, I can't answer your questions because I never had to use Canadian medical help. I grew up in Detroit and often use Canada's QEW to get to my college NTID as it is a quicker way (save 3 hours).

Back