Anybody have a roomate at first?

Babyface

Reaction score
did anyone get a roomate when you moved out or no? trying to decide what to do

When I moved out 6 months ago, I didn't get a roommate cause I live in a studio apartment where I live myself, but I have moved back to my parents. People who have roommates can cause trouble with friendship and other reasons such as arguing of bills, rules and other stuff etc

You can get your credit rating messed up by a roommate if you split the bills and they don't pay up.

I never have a roommate in apartment or house. I don't trust anyone expect my husband. We lived together before married for 3 to 4 years. We are sharing the rent and bills. We are trustworth each other. I heard the rumors about my friends' roommates kicked her out of apt for not pay the bills or share with rent and food. It's common to my friends' experiences. I knew it. Someone with alcoholic lady asked me if she could be roommate with me. I said no thank. In my mind NOWAY! I don't wanted her to be my roommate. Geez...

When I moved out 6 months ago, I didn't get a roommate cause I live in a studio apartment where I live myself, but I have moved back to my parents. People who have roommates can cause trouble with friendship and other reasons such as arguing of bills, rules and other stuff etc

utilities are allready paid for its just flat out 310 bucks a month for two people with rates going up at the end of 6 months

yes.

and it was either good or bad. No in-betweens. Your roomate (no matter how good a friend he is/was) is eithe responsible or not.

I had a 1 bedroom for about 3 years by myself and it rocked but there were times i wished for a roomate ofc to have more $$ in my wallet.

Roommates?

Only get them if you're suffering financial issue.

Or you like suffering, then get at least 4 roommates. haha.

At least get a roomate who is alot like yourself. If you end up with one who's got a drug habit, weighs 200 pounds more, or hairier than you, you're fucked! LOL

moved in with my ex hubby after I moved out for the first time a month before we got married.

No roommates until we split up and then I was left to fend for myself while in grad school.

Then for the next 5 years, I had so many different roommates..some good and some bad.

No regrets as I learned so much about myself and my own identity.

Now, I am back to living with my hubby and kids like I have always wanted to do in the first place.

In all, I am glad I had the experience of having roommates.

I have not had any problems with roommates during my college and post-college years. I make careful judgment in rooming with someone. What I look for in roommate is "minding your own business" and basic responsibility - pay rent on time, clean what you use. Pretty simple.

So far, no problem.

My first roommate was my deaf brother long time ago :D heh!

be sure when you have roommates, to keep all bills, rents, etc divided equally or based on the agreement you wrote and signed.

I had two roomates when I began college. It was horrible. Didn't work out at all. There was no privacy and they were nasty. I'm a private person and I love a clean environment. I left after living with them for 6 months. I was sick of acting like a mother to couple kids. I don't have any children so why do I have to clean up after grown azz women. I tried to work it out with them but at the end, you can't change people. People are the way they are. I am married now and I comfortable living alone with just me and my husband.

No I never had a roommate when I moved out on my own living in the apartment. I lived alone for 6 yrs on my own then my mom got sick so im back home helping her out ever since.... When the time comes- I will move out on my own again... when? i dont know... :)

At least get a roomate who is alot like yourself. If you end up with one who's got a drug habit, weighs 200 pounds more, or hairier than you, you're fucked! LOL

if I get one whose 400 pounds I am screwed hahaha

I moved out from home when I was 19 and joined the Navy. I guess you could consider my shipmates as room mates since we shared our living spaces in the barracks. In boot camp and "A" school our barracks were open bays. At my first duty assignment, the barracks had individual rooms, usually two people to a room, with a common bathroom down one end of the hall, and a TV lounge at the other. We didn't share expenses, and we ate at the chow hall.

That's the closest I've had to "room mates."

I had no problem with my ex roommates, when I lived in Fremont, CA. I love them of four. lucky for me!!!!

let ya all know, that is my first time, when i lived with roommates in Fremont.
very RARE, in germany ppl does have to share with their roommate. Most alone life in their home or relationship or family.
In USA PPL does most with roommates.

Back