Any word on Nucleus 5 rechargable batteries in USA yet?

RonJaxon

Reaction score
I just did a search and didn't find much about it other then comments stating that the rechargeable batteries are not yet approved in the US. So I thought I'd ask if anyone has read or heard of any recent news on it.

I get my N5 in just 3 days! :D

Ron

Nary a word.

The FDA moves at its own pace. It will come and I would guess you will have the option to get one as part of your package when they are available.

I told you in other thread. The rechargeable battery is still pending to FDA approval in USA.

Yes, I know they are still pending. I'm just checking to see if there's any recent news on it's progress.

I have not heard yet and by law FDA keeps its timetable a semi-secret and the manufactures are prohibited to say much untill the FDA makes its decision. I personal do not see a problem just a mater of when.

I just did a search and didn't find much about it other then comments stating that the rechargeable batteries are not yet approved in the US. So I thought I'd ask if anyone has read or heard of any recent news on it.

I get my N5 in just 3 days! :D

Ron

According to the people at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill..the batteries have still not been approved by the FDA but should be soon. Those that get the new N5 before the batteries are approved get a voucher or something with their kit that gives them the choice to have them sent automatically once the approval comes through. (Getting my second implant February 3rd with the N5)

Back