Any Sign for Mint

SimplyMints

Reaction score
Is there any sign for mint? Any at all? In any language? Every dictionary I can find says to fingerspell it. I use the word MINT about 300 times a day. I don't wanna fingerspell it every time. If I can't find a sign for Mint, I'm gonna make one up :giggle:

Oh, if I have a choice, I'm going for something that means the kind of mint like candy mints and mint ice cream and mint leaves (as opposed to coin manufacturing).

Sorry if this is inappropriate.

By all means, make up a sign.

In my household I got tired of spelling cantaloupe. I made up a sign: 'orange' + 'melon'.

I would probably sign mint by rubbing my index finger and thumb near my nose if I used that word often.

By all means, make up a sign.

In my household I got tired of spelling cantaloupe. I made up a sign: 'orange' + 'melon'.

I would probably sign mint by rubbing my index finger and thumb near my nose if I used that word often.

If you'd like, there is a sign for cantaloupe:

Make a C with one hand and flick the top of it with the middle finger of your other hand.

But Orange Melon is a good one in my opinion.

I might do it something like vanilla, but use a WIDE open palm-down 5 like an erect leaf and make a circle on the back of it with the tips of a W. If that means something already, let me know
4.gif

Forgot to mention about the sign you suggested for mint. Several years ago, I was in Seattle, and I met a guy who signed "booger" in a way that your description seems to describe. My parents will sign whatever they see me sign, so I just wanna be very sure they're not in a restaurant one day asking for after-dinner boogers :giggle:

Make up sign should be with the letter 'M' and tap it to the middle tooth, eh?

That's close to what my sister and I call our mom, but maybe it'll be easier to distinguish when we become more experienced
icon7.gif

Since that is not the sign I know for Mom, I have to be curious and ask why?

Is there any sign for mint? Any at all? In any language? Every dictionary I can find says to fingerspell it. I use the word MINT about 300 times a day. I don't wanna fingerspell it every time. If I can't find a sign for Mint, I'm gonna make one up :giggle:

Oh, if I have a choice, I'm going for something that means the kind of mint like candy mints and mint ice cream and mint leaves (as opposed to coin manufacturing).

Sorry if this is inappropriate.

What do you do if you have to fingerspell, 'mint', 300 times a day?

Back