Any scholarship advice?

Lebronisballing

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a deaf student who attends an expensive private college/university that costs over $50,000 a year. Does anyone have advice on some small scholarships that I could apply for the next academic year (2011-2012) other than the ones listed on this website?

Last edited:
I often wish there's big or full-scholarships, especially for the deaf who don't want to go to CSUN, Galludet, or RIT (where the VR/Gov't would usually pay you to go for those) and want to pursue his or her education elsewhere. I feel your pain. I also go to a college that's over 50k per year.

One day, I would like to start a foundation that would competitively award full scholarships to many highly qualified deaf students at any college of his or her own choosing. For now...have you tried fastweb? Perhaps talk to the VR people about seeing if they're willing to support you, especially if you're studying something unique?

If you are over 18 years old, you can look up for your state VESID where they can help you to pay for your education. See what they have to offer once you apply for them and everything and just wait at least two weeks. If you have not heard from them, then you should contact them as soon as possible and you'll have your meeting with them. Keep in mind they intend to take a long time or busy.

Back