Any popular deaf camps in USA?

racheleggert said:
Pek, thanks..

I wish that People report to State of Tennessee on BRR and they could shut it down. I hope that deafies have Sk2, they can queitly call for help. If I went through bad things at BRR, I would report to Tenn Attorney General IMMEDIATELY!

racheleggert,

You're very welcome!!

By the way, have you and I chatted before? I note that you're in the Twin Cities...would you like to meet sometime? I'll be down this weekend, pm me, I'll give you my Twin Cities area cell phone number, as I have one, as well as one for up here in Duluth.

In addition, congratulations on 16 days being dry!! :thumb: :hug:

pek1 said:
racheleggert,

You're very welcome!!

By the way, have you and I chatted before? I note that you're in the Twin Cities...would you like to meet sometime? I'll be down this weekend, pm me, I'll give you my Twin Cities area cell phone number, as I have one, as well as one for up here in Duluth.

In addition, congratulations on 16 days being dry!! :thumb: :hug:

Pek, check your PM- I sent ya a message! :)

There are a couple of YLC
Youth leadership camp.. you could check it out. i think they are in Orgeon and Florida.. (?? ill have to dig up the info and sent it back to you! heh)

And there is a camp lakioda in Sioux falls, South dakota. Check em out! :)

Yes courage north camp is really good place also.. its in Mn

TweetyBird said:
yea i wanna to know too! :D
The camp in Tennessee is the Bill Rice Ranch in Murfreesboro. We are just South of Nashville. We offer 5 weeks for Deaf ages 9-19. Deaf ages 9-19 may attend one week Free. We also offer a separate week for Deaf adults. You may receive more information in the mail by simply contacting the Bill Rice Ranch through our website www.billriceranch.org. Hope to see you this summer.

Raging Quiet said:
Hi

I'll like to find out of any deaf camps in the USA thats happening during the summer?

Me and my friend would like to go to one and help out as volunteers, as well as an opportunity to learn ASL!

Does anyone have any info?
Raging Quiet,

The Bill Rice Ranch offers a week of Sign Language School. This week is held the same week as our Deaf Adult Conference. Hearing campers enjoy classes in the morning with experienced Deaf workers and fellowship with Deaf adults throughout the day. Deaf Evangelist Ronnie Rice signs his sermons every evening. It is a unique learning experience. You may receive more information by contacting us through our website www.billriceranch.org. Hope that helps.

Hi there, I live near West Glacier Montana and I am starting a camp this summer! We are doing kayaking, rafting,climbing, hiking, biking, and of course camping and swimming. we are also looking to get some feedback from all you out there that are interested in coming to this beautiful country about what you are into doing while here. You can contact me better via email.....kyle_rose5@hotmail.com

You might want to check this camp called, Camp Mark 7, located in Old Forge, NY. Check out their webpage.

I have heard nothing but great stories from parents with deaf children who went there and their kids loved this camp!

Good Luck!

I've been to two deaf camps... Aspen Camp School for the Deaf and Alto Frio Deaf Church Camp.

I've heard of a couple others... Camp Sign and Camp Mark Seven. Never been to those though.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Raging Quiet said:
Hi

I'll like to find out of any deaf camps in the USA thats happening during the summer?

Me and my friend would like to go to one and help out as volunteers, as well as an opportunity to learn ASL!

Does anyone have any info?

If you don't know any ASL you'd be better looking for ASL camps that specifically teach ASL in an immersion setting, not Deaf Camps.

Back