Any Place Or School That Teach Lips Reading And Sign Language In Long Island Ny

Romo

Reaction score
Been a HoH since i was 6 years old, but never was interested to learn lips reading or sign language. So i was wondering if someone from Long Island, NY know where i can learn, i know i could google but since im new to this im not sure what to look for. Oh, something that i would like to ask here too, my main language is Spanish, my english is okay but can clearly understand everything, would it make harder to lip reading english speaker? Thanks in advance.

Have you thought about learning Spanish Sign Language? It might be a good starting point since Spanish is your native language.

I am originally from Long Island. I live in upstate NY now. I don't know which part of Long Island you are from. Sign Language Center offers sign language classes and Nassau Community College have American Sign Language (ASL) and Deaf Culture courses. I took Deaf Culture course. It was fun. I did not take ASL course because I already know ASL.

Here is info on Sign Language Center: http://www.signlanguagecenter.com/

Thanks silver, will try to find info there, i live in suffolk county, but the college isnt that far from where i live. Maisie yea thats a start i guess, just hope i can learn the english sign aswell

Back