Any people involved in childcare?

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there any AD'ers from the Uk who is involved in the Childcare setting? As I would like to ask about a course qualification and jobs

Hi Lissa, I'm not from the UK - I'm from Australia and I've been involved in managing a Child Care Centre in Australia for around 16 years. We've just had some new regulations passed that requires all staff now to have at least a basic qualification (6 months course). Previously you could get a job without qualifications as an Assistant provided you worked with and under the supervision of a Diploma trained staff (2 year course) in the relevant age groups.

I know our system is different to yours - just thought this might interest you!

Good luck with your research.

Kangaroo

I used to work at a child care center for three years I worked with toddlers, mostly potty trainers, I didn't have to require to take any course, only that you need to know emergency basis, and have some experience working with children. I was a parent of a son, so parenthood can be considered as experience.

But, if you want to start your own business, you'll need to completed hours of training, apply for a license, or any specific requirements by your state before you can become a day care provider for your own child care business. ;)

I am almost at the end of my Diploma in Child Care and Education course which gives me the ability to work unsupervised. I was wondering if i could possible work in a school with this qualifaction

In school? :confused: I wasn't aware of a child care service in a school. I've never heard there was even one.

No, schools and daycare setting are involved in the childcare setting. I know school is still education

Back