Any parents like me are/is going to college?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
I applied to IUPUI.. so I am waiting on it. I want to be a Registered Nurse.. and also do computer techology. :)

What about you guys and what are your major(s)?

I am a parent of three children. I am doing the course for the last 2 and half years now. I am trying to become qualified teacher for teaching Deaf and Hearing Irish Sign Language under CACDP. You are learning for life!! :)

Still a college student since 2002. I'm a mom of two kids. I'm taking my time to complete it... also I'm majoring in Administration of Justice aka Criminal Justice, Police Science, you name it. Each has its own different name... odd. :dunno:

I am mother of Deaf son, husband dead. I am back in school study psychology, sociology, and Deaf studies to become advocate for Deaf. Learn so much that is unfair as I raised my son. God give me deaf son for a reason--to teach me that people have wrong ideas and let wrong things happen just because don't understand Deaf ppl. Now I have to educate myself so I can help.

I did it. My daughter just started kindergarten when I started back. I have a BA in Fine Art. I want to go back and get a teaching degree. I wish you luck. You'll be glad you did it. It will show your kids that anything is possible. Aliboo

I had my daughter while as an undergrad student. Had her on the Thursday before spring break in March '97, rested during spring break and went back to school after spring break so it was a challenge completing the rest of the semester. I had another year left but I finally completed my studies despite being busy with a baby.

When I went to Gally, my daughter went to pre school so that made it easier on me.

Some people think once they have kids, they have to give up on their education. There are many ways to do it and yes, it may take longer but worth it if getting a college education is your dream. :)

i havent finished college

i wanted become awesome teacher to children or young teens no matter for me so i would need going this school at Pulaski Tech College to attend but i cant afford to pays for classes.

my mom is current RN nurse and she work at Baptist Health in Little Rock,Ar but she really amazing care of CCU patients but she work as full-time nurse 7am to 7pm its really long hours! when i was in high school i wanted become RN nurse because i love to caring of babies in nicu nor in operation room like my mom had it.so my mom carry of handbook of nursing stuff because nurse more harder than anyone!

Still a college student since 2002. I'm a mom of two kids. I'm taking my time to complete it... also I'm majoring in Administration of Justice aka Criminal Justice, Police Science, you name it. Each has its own different name... odd. :dunno:

Awesome!!!! must be a tough major... I always want to get into Police Science lol... smile... wish you all the best of Luck!!!

i havent finished college

i wanted become awesome teacher to children or young teens no matter for me so i would need going this school at Pulaski Tech College to attend but i cant afford to pays for classes.

my mom is current RN nurse and she work at Baptist Health in Little Rock,Ar but she really amazing care of CCU patients but she work as full-time nurse 7am to 7pm its really long hours! when i was in high school i wanted become RN nurse because i love to caring of babies in nicu nor in operation room like my mom had it.so my mom carry of handbook of nursing stuff because nurse more harder than anyone!

That's right, my sis is a RN nurse for pre-surgery as she's been a Nurse since she got out of School that's about 30 years ago. It's still a tough career to have all your patience and time as well the stress involved is very high... I think it's a very REWARDing career... NEVER STOP your dreams, if you did or didn't go for it, at least you did tried it... smile..

P.S. I love your dog, is it a bichon?? we have a Bichon she's the best dog ....

<going to college, has 2 daughters already. I found tough time, and hate to depend on interpreters available. I picked the classes 1pm to 3:30pm while my both daughters are in school/preschool, unfortunately, no interpreter available, i was asked to change classes in the morning or in the evening, huh.

Back