Any one on here from the Cincinnati area?

melindajanet

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I are moving to Cincinnati in a couple of weeks. He knows a few people from the area, but they are at NTID most of the year. We're both nervous about moving to a place where we'll have very few friends. Anyway, a little bit about us: he's 22, deaf w/ a CI (that he barely wears), started signing 2 1/2 years ago when he moved here to go to NTID. I'm 24, hearing, and have been working on learning to sign. We're very open-minded toward all types of people, age, background, whatever...doesn't really matter to us as long as you're a genuine person. It'd be awesome to meet people from here; if you don't feel comfortable saying where you're from in this post or whatever, feel free to shoot me or my bf a message (his username is volcanbaru) :).

I used to live in that area, and am still down there frequently. You'll be happy to know that there is a large deaf population in Cincy. St.Rita school for the Deaf could always use a volunteer or two and it would be a great way to meet people...both deaf and hearing. U of C has a large deaf student base. Cincy has a lot of deaf functions. Check for the silent dinner schedule in the Sunday Enquirer.

Back