any new from DeafNation related to Tech?

thechaostheory

Reaction score
I came here and found nothing new about tech from DeafNation if any? I didn't go but would like to know what's new.... all I know is that you can make a VRS call from your iPhone 4, ok, what's else?

I came here and found nothing new about tech from DeafNation if any? I didn't go but would like to know what's new.... all I know is that you can make a VRS call from your iPhone 4, ok, what's else?

I doubt most of went there for the trade show. :lol: We know about the technology before it becomes a piece of hardware and shows up at a trade show. :lol:

Nothing too new from my opinion, aside from the power of the new apps on iphone.
for consumer electronics, no special prototypes or anything there.

for specific deaf related, there was info of the beta o/s of ubivia for RIM-Blackberry users at UbiVia | www.scomm.com

That's all I can think of for now. :dunno:
Poweron may be more up to date with the stuff, should ask him because he knows better.

new IWRelay app for iPhone 4 is now available. iZ app for iPhone 4 will be July 25. MainstreamVRS app and SprintRelay for EVO 4G will be coming soon.

The UbiVia was a hit at the sComm booth as I was told.

I am never hear of Mainstream VRS before. Is it under Sprint?

Interesting.

Yes. This app will be downloaded into EVO 4G. New Sprint Samsung Epic 4G including front-facing cam and physical keyboard will be coming in few weeks.

on technology side - Sprint, Sorenson, Purple3 were the most popular one. always a big crowd there. I prefer Purple3 software. ConvoRelay's got a good sizable crowd. a cool simple VP software. Z4 is a terrible terrible one - clumsy software, blotchy connection. I checked out UbiDuo and it sucks. It's as bad as carrying brick cellphone from 90's. What kind of idiot would pay $2,000 for it when you can do it with pen & notepad?

on technology side - Sprint, Sorenson, Purple3 were the most popular one. always a big crowd there. I prefer Purple3 software. ConvoRelay's got a good sizable crowd. a cool simple VP software. Z4 is a terrible terrible one - clumsy software, blotchy connection. I checked out UbiDuo and it sucks. It's as bad as carrying brick cellphone from 90's. What kind of idiot would pay $2,000 for it when you can do it with pen & notepad?

I agree with Jiro. I dislike UbiDuo units. Too expensive. Use notepad & pen or type note on mobile.

I agree with Jiro. I dislike UbiDuo units. Too expensive. Use notepad & pen or type note on mobile.

For that price, I could buy 4 iphone 3gs or 2 iphone 4's.

Just leave them wifi mode and can pretty much do the same thing, add bluetooth keyboard for faster typing.
Plus more apps on iphone or any phone too.

Actually, scratch that.. can go way cheap with iPod touch since it's wifi only.

For that price, I could buy 4 iphone 3gs or 2 iphone 4's.

Just leave them wifi mode and can pretty much do the same thing, add bluetooth keyboard for faster typing.
Plus more apps on iphone or any phone too.

Actually, scratch that.. can go way cheap with iPod touch since it's wifi only.

Nah, Just buy one iPad and one keyboard with bluetooth. That's how I communication with my hearing friend thru them. He just typed on his iPad and I typed his keyboard thru bluetooth to his iPad. It's pretty neat! I believe he spend $600 for both.

Nah, Just buy one iPad and one keyboard with bluetooth. That's how I communication with my hearing friend thru them. He just typed on his iPad and I typed his keyboard thru bluetooth to his iPad. It's pretty neat! I believe he spend $600 for both.

nice! better than $2,000 bricks!

Better resale value with apple stuff too I bet, 3-5 years down the road, sell it no problem.

Back