Any hair stylists here?

lovezebras

Reaction score
I'm thinking of lightening my brown just a bit to more of a chocolate brown and add some low lights and high lights... is it easier to just go to a salon and get them to do it or could I do it myself? I can get professional stuff and I usualyl use professional developer and hair dye since I have access to the store I get my esthetics stuff at..anyway any advice would be appreciated:)

oh, an idea - go to a hair styling school for cheaper work :) downside is that they might botch it and give you orange hair...

(ive seen this as well.. used to hang out at a hair styling school...)

I went to a school that does hair as well...i've seen their work...it can be iffy lol soo id rather not..

You have pretty hair. You should just leave it alone! (of course your mother probably already said that) :lol:

I had been coloring my own hair since I was 16 and started going grey. I stopped about 5 years ago as they didn't really cover the grey too well. I just bought a different brand of hair color and will try it tomorrow. It will be my natural color, just freshened up and cover the grey. Dark Auburn. I can't afford to go to the shop to have it done and the local school is not very good for people who are not black. I'm not being racial, that's what they said on the phone.

im mixed and a lot of ppl don't know how to do mixed pples hair..so maybe i'll lighten it myself and then get the highlights profesionally done

im mixed and a lot of ppl don't know how to do mixed pples hair..so maybe i'll lighten it myself and then get the highlights profesionally done
If you do it that way, the professionals won't guarantee the results.

i do dye my dark brown weeks ago but i wont tell my mom because i found my hair got little gray in roots but i want get hair dye cover 100% gray

my stepbrother is hairstylist but also he is owned hair shop include haircut,dye hair,perms hairs but he is boss!! But he did dye my hair,cut my hair and also my senior hair for pics..

I prefer go to a salon to get my hair colored as I like getting more than one color on my hair.

I undy Alicia about getting bored with the hairstyles or colors.

Well - I did do my haircolor today. It is still getting dry and all the grey got covered. I'm quite surprised that a home color kit did that. I used a dark auburn (my natural color) from Clairol, Nice & Easy Perfect 10 kit. Never used it as it is a newer one. Took 10 minutes to process. When I can get the hair dry and have the right lighting, I will take a picture and post it.

awesome kristina! and shel- i'm always changing my hair somehow...i think last summer I changed the color like 4 times and put diff color highlights in lol...I haven't done anything to it in awhileeee so I'm overdue for a change

Well - I did do my haircolor today. It is still getting dry and all the grey got covered. I'm quite surprised that a home color kit did that. I used a dark auburn (my natural color) from Clairol, Nice & Easy Perfect 10 kit. Never used it as it is a newer one. Took 10 minutes to process. When I can get the hair dry and have the right lighting, I will take a picture and post it.

that cool!!

my step-brother also owned hair shop include haircut,perms,dye hair and lots of mores but he is boss!!

i do dye my own hair when i was 16 year old at my friend's house but i never told my parents about that they later im now adult i can dye hair what i wanted its my choice but i wanted cover gray 100% i learn from my step-brother i love him..

I started coloring mine at 16 since I started going grey then. When I colored it yesterday, I was about 40% grey. So the dark auburn color I put on shows a lot more of the red highlights. the underside is more the dark brownish red and the upper or top-side is more the reddish brown. It's really nice and just today at WalMart I got a lot of compliments. (I know a lot of people there).

I started coloring mine at 16 since I started going grey then. When I colored it yesterday, I was about 40% grey. So the dark auburn color I put on shows a lot more of the red highlights. the underside is more the dark brownish red and the upper or top-side is more the reddish brown. It's really nice and just today at WalMart I got a lot of compliments. (I know a lot of people there).

NO WAY!! I did changes whatsoevers colors till i stop colors for years but i found gray in roots on my hairs but my mom knew about that.So i purchase dye hair myself but my mom didnt help it but i can handle myself on direction color,rinse and conditioner i look my roots looks so differents its totally covers 100% gray my hair is dark brown but im raise as natural brown..

when i was 16 years old i dye hair and i got black hair and my mom says "its blue hair!" but its black! i start coloring hair at my friend's house..

my sister does my hair! :P She has never studied how to do it, but it's just dying my hair red, easy! :P

go to a salon and blame others if it doesn't like you :D best advice ever!

Back