Any events in the Philadelphia, PA area?

nsnhak

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Bianca and I am an ASL student at CCP with a hard of hearing mother. My mother always to tried teach me to sign but because she used her voice, my family and I never learned a lot. Any hoo, I am looking for an event for my Deaf Community Experience and the ones that I found either do not exists any longer or are too far to travel to. If anyone in the Philly area can give me any info for any upcomming events I would GREATLY appreciate it! I've asked my mother but apparently she's out of the loop! Thanks

Bianca

Welcome Bianca. There are many churches in the Philadelphia area who have members who are DEAF. There are more than one church of/for the DEAF in your area. Could you be a little more specific about where you are without giving too much detail? North, South, East, West or Center City Philly area? Bucks, Delaware or Montgomery county? There are many wonderful Interpreters in your area, they can assist you with a telephone call.

Since you typed that you are an ASL student at CCP, I don't know which campus (Center City or the Greater North East, etc.) you attend, so ask one of your professors/teachers.

As far as upcoming events, check with your local National Association of the DEAF (NAD) chapter. People who are DEAF/HOH, are very active people, yes they are. smile No association, usual disclaimers.

Hope this helps. Good Luck! I look forward to reading your posts.

i checked out the website of Deaf chat coffee and found a couple of PA locations which is within 1 hours radius to where I live at right now. Are all of the event active? I need to know before I show up there. :)

I see you posted this more than 6 months ago and I'm wondering if you ever made it to any of the Deaf Chat Coffee meetings?

Back