any events in Oklahoma?

powelj

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this site, so please bear with me. I am beginning a Sign Language interpreter program, and have taken a few Sign Language classes already. I am interested in attending any events in Oklahoma. I am also interested in learning more about the Talking Hands club. If anyone has any contact information would you please send it to me? Thanks!

Have not been that far north in a long, long time but there use to be a deaf weekend social in Norman once a month.

If you like the Blues check out wwwdcminnerblues.com
it in Rentiesville Ok. they something going Labor Day weekend.

D C Minner was a very good friend of mine . I would go to Rentiesville again but , DC dies a few years ago and it would not be the same .

Hello. I am new to this site, so please bear with me. I am beginning a Sign Language interpreter program, and have taken a few Sign Language classes already. I am interested in attending any events in Oklahoma. I am also interested in learning more about the Talking Hands club. If anyone has any contact information would you please send it to me? Thanks!

Where do you go to school at? I am also a sign language interpreter student at OSU-OKC. I have also been trying to find information on the Talking Hands club, but have not been successful. There are silent lunches 2 times a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) that a couple of my instructors are doing and I'm sure you would be welcome. We meet at the school one day, and a local OKC restaurant the other. I can send you the schedule if you would like.

There are also some coffee chats that I can see what the dates are for those. The Deaf church in Del City is hosting them, but I'm not sure where, or when.

If you find out about Talking Hands please let me know.

Another picnic opportunity

When: Saturday, June 26, 2010
What: 11:00 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Where: Southern Baptist Church Park, 6400 S. Sooner Rd., Oklahoma City, Ok 73135
Host by OBCD

We will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, buns and chips.

If you don't bring any food, COST $5.00 per person. OR
Bring any vegetables or desserts

Each Family bring 2 dishes ... no charge
Each Family bring one dish ... $3.00
Children Under 12 ... $2.00
Children under 5 ... $ 5.00

Cold drinks will be sold at park.

I just started taking a class at OSU-OKC. It's an online course. Thank you for the information, and I'll let you know if I find out about Talking Hands. Thanks!

I just started taking a class at OSU-OKC. It's an online course. Thank you for the information, and I'll let you know if I find out about Talking Hands. Thanks!

Another OSU-OKC person!!! Sweet!! I will graduate from the program next May. If there is anything I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask!

Back