Any Euro Truck Simulator 2 players here?

Daza

Reaction score
Ok, another game to query here.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (aka ETS2) (Steam version or stand alone)

This game does not have multiplayer (well technically that isn't true, unofficially there is a mod that allows a MP environment but its in alpha or was it beta?) i haven't tried it because of I have heard some other players on the public servers who deliberately ruin everyones fun. But i hope in the future there will be a private server standalone so people can play with friends and not worry about griefers.

Anyway this game is quite relaxing and fun. You can also buy garages and other trucks to hire drivers. There is something about hauling a load and taking care not to damage it or get lost. The game probably suits a gaming wheel better, but i get along fine with the keyboard and mouse. The only negative thing is the Ai traffic still needs tweaking, as some of them seem to have a death wish. The game has been out for a while, but is still being worked on and a new DLC is around the corner. More road and areas added onto the main map. It also has free updates too.

I recently stumbled onto virtual trucking companies (VTC) where players can join and post in their completed delivery run screen via screenshot. This is unofficial that is not part of the developers behind ETS2. But in the future via in-game modding it could be possible to integrate it into the game itself.

It would be cool if there was a hoh/deaf VTC. The creators behind VTC have a site for people to start their own VTC for free. At the moment this VTC idea sounds better than MP. Those of us who can hear on Teamspeak (with the volume boost feature and using headphones/ connected to a stereo) would be able to chat when playing or alternatively using the Steam's text chat (w/game paused). So even though you cannot see the other players, just in real life you wouldnt be able to see them on the road elsewhere you still could chat text/voice while doing a run and having a collective effort in working for a virtual trucking company. Where we could set our own goals.

The developers of ETS2 have a team in America who are working on "America Truck Sim", which by the screenshots looks very good. Looking forward to that one and the new scenery that will come with it. http://blog.scssoft.com/search/label/American%20Truck%20Simulator

So anyone plays ETS2? I have it on steam but there is non-steam version too. Check out their blog SCS Software's blog

For those who have never heard of the game here is a short trailer (excuse the pun) someone made on YT showing some gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-1CnvuWPU

I am waiting for the American Truck Sim. I used to love the 18 Wheels Of Steel series, and Hard Truck before that, but I didn't like the UK/Euro/etc series of games. Because I lived in the UK, I'd always base myself there, and the road layouts, signs and streets all looked completely, totally wrong (they look like Central Europe) which completely put me off.

Wow, you do have a time to drive a truck via online without getting paid.

I am waiting for the American Truck Sim. I used to love the 18 Wheels Of Steel series, and Hard Truck before that, but I didn't like the UK/Euro/etc series of games. Because I lived in the UK, I'd always base myself there, and the road layouts, signs and streets all looked completely, totally wrong (they look like Central Europe) which completely put me off.

Yeah i am looking forward to American Truck Sim too, it should have better graphics but same gameplay as ETS2, hopefully with some more new features as well.
Ive never been to the UK or Europe so it hasn't bothered me. At least people in the UK drive on the left like we do here. But i can imagine how you once lived in the uk to notice a lot of things wrong. You would of thought they would of done some homework for the signs and road layout being a little authentic. I think the American Truck Sim is being made by a team in the States so being american hopefully things will look right. I hope the map will be quite big.

I think New Zealand would be a good country to do for truck driving roads as we have a diverse landscape and roads here. I find the default map in EST2 to have too many straight roads and not many challenging corners.
The going east update does have some new roads that are more fun to drive but on the whole mod maps can be more interesting. I have recently installed "ProMods" map which features parts of Norway, Sweden etc.

Trucks would tend to follow trunk routes, which are highways, and those tend to be straight! The challenge is the city streets at the beginning and end of the trip. I prefer bus simulators because you're having to deal with more traffic and city streets, not spending hours at 100kph trying not to drift off to sleep.

You can always try cross country driving in ETS, ignore the highways and take the secondary roads.

In 18WOS: American Long Haul, they thought that in Canada we use European style road signs (so the speed limit was a white circle with a red border and the number in the middle!) which just felt weird. With a simulator, the little touches and attention to detail contribute so much to the atmosphere and so getting it wrong just sticks out like a sore thumb.

Back