Any Doctor Who Fans?

He was the first one I watched too. I thought they where calling the Daleks Garlics. :lol:

Tom Baker was actually the first Doctor I watched when I started watching Doctor Who. I saw a few episodes here and there, but never understood much because of lack of captioning. The only thing I got was the Daleks, Cybermen, the blue police call box, and the theme music. I stopped watching it for a long time until they brought it back and it was the 9th Doctor. :)

12th Doctor? There's only 11 Doctors... so far.

You're right. I was thinking of Ten. Off by a whole two incarnations.

Since that makes me sound scatterbrained, I'm going to pretend I'm a Time Lord visiting from the future instead, because roleplay makes me a better Whovian than getting confused about the number of incarnations. :lol:

Twelve is the best, even better than Fifteen, and that's saying something, since Fifteen did have that epic fight with that army of Daleks in fifth-century China. Fourteen wasn't bad for the first female Doctor, either, and I liked how the TARDIS handled her first companion's ASL, but 14 and 15 both had a few episodes that didn't really ring true, or just hit a sour note. Twelve is much more solid overall, even without having any single episode as strong as the best of Fifteen.

haven't been following dr who lately, but i like torchwood
Yeah. I like that show too. I came across it by accident when I was browsing through the DVD library at my local library. :)

You're right. I was thinking of Ten. Off by a whole two incarnations.

Since that makes me sound scatterbrained, I'm going to pretend I'm a Time Lord visiting from the future instead, because roleplay makes me a better Whovian than getting confused about the number of incarnations. :lol:

Twelve is the best, even better than Fifteen, and that's saying something, since Fifteen did have that epic fight with that army of Daleks in fifth-century China. Fourteen wasn't bad for the first female Doctor, either, and I liked how the TARDIS handled her first companion's ASL, but 14 and 15 both had a few episodes that didn't really ring true, or just hit a sour note. Twelve is much more solid overall, even without having any single episode as strong as the best of Fifteen.
Well, I hate to do this again...

According to the 2nd Doctor, Time Lords can only regenerate 12 times... bringing the total to 13 "versions". Therefore, there wouldn't be a 15th Doctor. ;)

Well, I hate to do this again...

According to the 2nd Doctor, Time Lords can only regenerate 12 times... bringing the total to 13 "versions". Therefore, there wouldn't be a 15th Doctor. ;)

Why would you assume a commercially successful TV show won't just ignore its own canon if it could keep going just as easily? Sure, you know about the second Doctor, and I know about the second Doctor, but how many fans of the new series know that? Mark my words, there will be a fifteenth (possibly with some flimsy excuse), unless Moffat's misognyny loses too many viewers.

Why would you assume a commercially successful TV show won't just ignore its own canon if it could keep going just as easily? Sure, you know about the second Doctor, and I know about the second Doctor, but how many fans of the new series know that? Mark my words, there will be a fifteenth (possibly with some flimsy excuse), unless Moffat's misognyny loses too many viewers.
Hahaha... I was playing with you.

Anything can happen.

It's possible that they may do a spin-off series after the 13th Doctor with a different Time Lord... the Doctor's daughter. She regenerated once before taking off to who-knows-where.

Hahaha... I was playing with you.

Anything can happen.

It's possible that they may do a spin-off series after the 13th Doctor with a different Time Lord... the Doctor's daughter. She regenerated once before taking off to who-knows-where.

Sounds implausible.

Then again, I still can't believe Torchwood is real. I guess anything can happen.

I'm a massive Doctor Who fan (or Whovian as we're sometimes known). Tom Baker is my favourite. I really like the 11th Doctor too (Matt Smith).

I just consider where the show started and wonder how it ended up spinning off something so utterly at odds with where the show started.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with New Who. As I (should have) said, I quite like Nine and Ten, and of course it's not true that the Doctor was never sexual before then, but things have changed. Think about the Daleks, for instance. They're so different. (It's definitely a change for the better. This way, they're actually scary.)

Torchwood just reminds you of the differences between new and classic Who, right?

I just consider where the show started and wonder how it ended up spinning off something so utterly at odds with where the show started.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with New Who. As I (should have) said, I quite like Nine and Ten, and of course it's not true that the Doctor was never sexual before then, but things have changed. Think about the Daleks, for instance. They're so different. (It's definitely a change for the better. This way, they're actually scary.)

Torchwood just reminds you of the differences between new and classic Who, right?
Ah, yeah... the new Doctor Who series introduced a couple spin-offs... Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures. I thought this was a nice concept expanding the Doctor Who universe. Gives us something to enjoy instead of having to wait a long time for the next episode. ;)

I thought the 9th Doctor was cool, but having him for only one season was too short for me. My favorite was the 10th Doctor. I haven't seen much of the 11th Doctor. So, my preferences could change later.

According to Doctor Who history, the two most popular Doctors were the 4th (Tom Baker) and the 10th (David Tennant).

How does Torchwood remind us of the differences between new and classic Doctor Who?

As far as companions I would say Rose and Martha was my favorites, Donna... not so much lol

Does anyone else get annoyed with one of them screams "doctor?!?!?!" like repeatedly???

Who's excited about David's return? (Also awesome fact, I share a birthday with him! *happy dance*)

As far as companions I would say Rose and Martha was my favorites, Donna... not so much lol

Does anyone else get annoyed with one of them screams "doctor?!?!?!" like repeatedly???

Who's excited about David's return? (Also awesome fact, I share a birthday with him! *happy dance*)
My wife is excited to hear about this as David Tennant is her favorite Doctor. :)

This should be interesting to see how they bring him back. :)

My wife is excited to hear about this as David Tennant is her favorite Doctor. :)

This should be interesting to see how they bring him back. :)

I'm so excited! I also heard Rose maybe making an appearance as well but I know David is definitely returning :D

Not going to lie if hes only getting 1 min or less of fame I'm not going to be happy lol

I'm so excited! I also heard Rose maybe making an appearance as well but I know David is definitely returning :D

Not going to lie if hes only getting 1 min or less of fame I'm not going to be happy lol
If both David Tennant (10th Doctor) and Billie Piper (Rose) are returning, then it sounds like the 11th Doctor will be meeting the human clone of the 10th Doctor... from episode #198.

The Stolen Earth
Journey's End

Or... it could just be a crossover episode where the 10th Doctor (during the 2nd series) meets the 11th Doctor (during the 8th series). It has happened before in the past where multiple Doctors cross paths. It has happened before in the past where 3 Doctors met, 5 Doctors met, and 2 Doctors met.

I love Doctor Who!!

But here's one for you guys:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Doctor
Doctor who?

Lol, ok, maybe that's an old joke, but I still think it's hilarious.

It's hard to choose from all the characters as to which was my favorite, I just really like the story lines. They give my brain something to chew on. For example, the whole naming the Amy's daughter after her best friend, then finding out her best friend IS her daughter?

I'm finally getting caught up on Doctor Who.

I originally saw a few random episodes on television (one with the 9th Doctor, two with the 10th Doctor, and one with the 11th Doctor). That was when I rented the first, second, and third series from the local library. They didn't have the rest.

So, I started renting it from Blockbuster Online. I managed to get through the fourth series and two of the four specials on DVD. The other two specials were not available to rent and the fifth series was on a long waiting list.

Suddenly, I realized... DVR!!! I looked it up and realized that they were doing re-runs of the fifth series, sixth series, and 7th (current) series. So, I added them all to DVR!!! I just finished watching the fifth series. Soon, I'm going to be watching the 6th series (will be complete by the end of next week)... then the 7th series (will be done the next day after the complete DVR of the 6th series is done)... then I can finally say that I'm caught up! :thumb:

They just announced that Matt Smith will be leaving Doctor Who. So, we will see him regenerate into the 12th Doctor during the Christmas special in December 2013.

I wonder who the 12th Doctor will be. I wonder how they will implement the cause of his regeneration.

Now that they've announced that the 12th Doctor is coming soon, that means we could see the 13th and final Doctor within 10 years from now. (According to the statment that Time Lords can regenerate 12 times.)

What do you think about that?

Do you think the series will continue differently or will it end?

Here are a few things that I think might happen... (Warning: SPOILERS!!!) (As River Song would always say.)

1.) In "The Doctor's Daughter" (6th episode of Series 4), soldiers force the Doctor's hand into a progenation machine (uses his DNA to produce an immediate full-grown offspring) resulting in a female Time Lord offspring... also known as his daughter. She dies at the end, but goes through regeneration and disappears. When she regenerated, her appearance remained the same.

Question: Will a new spin-off series begin from there? Will she assume the role of her father and call herself "The Doctor"? Will she give herself to the Doctor in some way resulting in the Doctor being able to regenerate further?

2.) In "Journey's End" (final episode of the Series 4), part of the 10th Doctor's energy is transferred to his severed hand... which ends up being transferred into Donna resulting in a second 10th Doctor (human version) and Donna having Time Lord knowledge in her head. This nearly kills her.

Question: Will she eventually provide something for the Doctor allowing him to regenerate further?

3.) In "Let's Kill Hitler" (8th episode of Series 6), Mels (Amy's childhood friend) hijacks the TARDIS and accidentally sends the group to WWII Nazi Germany... where she's accidentally shot and regenerates into what everyone knows as River Song. She later poisons the Doctor, but before he dies... she transfers her remaining regenerations to the Doctor.

Question: Did this transfer extend the number of regenerations that the Doctor can have? According to a past episode ("Day of the Moon"; 2nd episode of Series 6), she supposedly regenerated for the first time. This means her regeneration in Nazi German is her second time. If the 12-times rule applies, that means she has 10 regenerations remaining. If she transferred her remaining regenerations to the Doctor, then that means the Doctor can regenerate (Doctor's 2 plus River's 10 equals 12... minus one to revive himself from dying) 11 more times?

What do you think?

Back