Any Deer/bird Hunter Out Here?

Brother_Trucker

Reaction score
I'm a hunter.... yetersday I was in Standish, California. Spotted a big buck, I should've bring a camera with me!!. I was at small store deliverying metal shelves. Heard a noises..looked around and saw couple doe.. I said to myself "where's that noise coming from?" I asked one guy if there's noise out there? We both stood quiet for a min... sure enoguh there's a rustling and banging sound.. We quietly tiptoe around back of the store. There's was a big buck wrestling the tree with his antler. Holy crap he saw us... he ran toward then stop right by us... about 3 yard from us.. I slowly moved toward to the buck... he quickly backed and ran with a doe. I will never forget that day.... never been that close... wish the deer season is open.. I would've got him tied over on my semi truck hood!!

My freezer is full of trout, upland game birds, and deer and elk venison. For as long as I can remember, my family has harvested meat from the great outdoors instead of pushing a basket through supermarket aisles.

Opening days of the seasons are state holidays in Montana and the Oregon foothills (joke).

I'm a hunter.... yetersday I was in Standish, California. Spotted a big buck, I should've bring a camera with me!!. I was at small store deliverying metal shelves. Heard a noises..looked around and saw couple doe.. I said to myself "where's that noise coming from?" I asked one guy if there's noise out there? We both stood quiet for a min... sure enoguh there's a rustling and banging sound.. We quietly tiptoe around back of the store. There's was a big buck wrestling the tree with his antler. Holy crap he saw us... he ran toward then stop right by us... about 3 yard from us.. I slowly moved toward to the buck... he quickly backed and ran with a doe. I will never forget that day.... never been that close... wish the deer season is open.. I would've got him tied over on my semi truck hood!!

I myself do not hunt but my hubby does. I love venison!!!!!!! I have even skinned an butchered a deer with him. I look forward to November cause I know that my freezer will fill up again!!! LOL

Chase- yeah me too... mostly of deer meat, cukar/quails in my freezer!! Where you exactly live? I sometime delivery to Eugene, coos bay,springfield, merrill, and ontario. Those cities are on my routes. Right now I'm delvering mostly in south of idaho and northeast of nevada.

Back to Deer hunting, last year I didnt get a deer tag with rifle so got 2nd draw with Bow... didn't find one buck.. Saw plently of doe but no buck! This year will try either idaho or montana.... I will add some deer hunting picture later this week.

Mods- is it ok for me to put a dead deer on this thread that I killed??

Brother,

I live in Albany now, a bit north of your run. I retired here about a year and half ago. Before then, I fished and hunted almost all of Montana.

I also hunted southern Idaho when I was in grad school at Pocatello--mostly ringnecks and muleys south along the Portneuf River by Inkom.

Chase- yeah me too... mostly of deer meat, cukar/quails in my freezer!! Where you exactly live? I sometime delivery to Eugene, coos bay,springfield, merrill, and ontario. Those cities are on my routes. Right now I'm delvering mostly in south of idaho and northeast of nevada.

Back to Deer hunting, last year I didnt get a deer tag with rifle so got 2nd draw with Bow... didn't find one buck.. Saw plently of doe but no buck! This year will try either idaho or montana.... I will add some deer hunting picture later this week.

Mods- is it ok for me to put a dead deer on this thread that I killed??

Back